- Duties Summary
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is within the Fort Meade local commuting area.
(Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
To better expedite the hiring process, we recommend including full contact information (name, address, phone number, email, etc.) for professional and personal references on your resume.
- Operates a small full-service coffee shop, preparing and serving the full range of coffee beverages and other specialty nonalcoholic drinks. Prepares
- Operates coffee shop machinery to include commercial espresso machine, etc. Records sales, takes customer payments for goods by operating a cash register, balances cash drawer at the end of the day.
- Stocks coffee bar. Maintain clean and sanitary work area, utensils, equipment and coffee bar.
- Keeps records of quantities of beverages and other goods dispensed and submits requirement for re-stocking to supervisor
- Receives and checks quantity and description of stock. Cross trains other staff members on full service of the coffee shop. Conducts monthly inventory.
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
- Requirements Conditions of Employment
QualificationsTo view a full position description of a Barista NA-04 click
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty.
- Appointment is subject to successful completion and favorable results of fingerprints, health assessment (physical), and Installation Record Checks to determine suitability for this position.
- Responsibility: Work is performed without close supervision. Responsible for overall operation of the coffee shop. Accountable for receipts and inventory and change fund.
- Physical Effort: Regularly lifts and carries items weighing up to 10 pounds. Occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds. Stands for prolonged periods.
- Working Conditions: Work is primarily indoors. Exposed to burns from hot steams and liquids. Could be exposed to cuts.
- Mandatory Training: Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours annual refresher training.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
1. Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds.
2. Possess math skills necessary to calculate patron bills and take inventory.
3. Skill in mixing and serving the full range of coffee beverages and other specialty non-alcoholic drinks.
4. Experience utilizing a commercial espresso machine.
5. Ability to cross train and monitor the work of other staff.
Skills and Knowledge:
Skill in preparing coffee and other specialty beverages by utilizing machinery such as a commercial espresso machine. Applies simple arithmetic in calculating bills and making change. Skill in recognizing impending shortages of inventory.Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information
How You Will Be Evaluated
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST) on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files=NAF Applicant Information Kit.pdf
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
Background checks and security clearanceSecurity clearanceDrug test required
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Parent of a Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow(er) of a Veteran (OAV)
NoPosition sensitivity and riskTrust determination process
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- DD-214/ Statement of Service
- DA Form 3434 or equivalent Agency Notification of Personnel Action
- DA Form 3433
- Professional References
- PCS Orders
- Proof of Marriage Status
- SF-50/ Notification of Personnel Action
- How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
Agency contact information Esther BranchNext stepsPhoneAddress
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Number (VIN): 10737943. Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
DO NOT MAIL
Fort Meade, MD 20755
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about or
This job originated on . For the full announcement and to apply, visit . Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at will be considered.