The Cage Wash Attendant will maintain cleanliness of cage wash rooms and ancillary rooms following standard operating procedures for rodent and swine species. Clean and sanitize all animal caging and accessory equipment. Prepare clean cages with bedding. Dispose of waste from the facility. Help receive, store, and rotate animal care supplies. Maintain and perform routine repairs on caging and racks. Be capable of operating the following types of equipment: autoclaves, automated cage washing machines, bedding dispensers, bottle fillers, liquid proportioners, and high pressure/steam cleaning devices, etc. Perform routine preventative maintenance on the cage washers and autoclaves, (e.g., checking and cleaning filters, roto-arms). Knowledge of detergent-disinfectant usage. Familiar with Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for chemicals used in the work area. Complete other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED
1. Clean and sanitize all animal caging and accessory equipment and prepare clean cages with bedding following approved SOP's.
2. Dispose of waste from the facility following appropriatev SOP's.
3. Help to receive, store, and rotate animal care supplies.
4. Maintain the cage washing area and assigned rooms in a clean, neat and well-organized manner following approved SOP's.
1. Promptly notify manager of broken equipment, room fluctuations of temperature and humidity, and low levels of necessary supplies.
2. Complete and submit written records, charts, logs and inventories as requested by your supervisor.
3. Communicate with co-workers to determine the priority of cleaning specific equipment.
1. Participate in additional skills training when offered.
Organizational Accountabilities (Staff)
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others' ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance