M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
On behalf of VP of Quality Assurance/Quality Control, this position is directly responsible for documenting, managing, implementing and institutionalizing the various Quality Control activities at the project site.
This position reports directly to Vice President of Quality Assurance/Quality Control (or designated representative in QAQC service center).
- Incorporate and lead M.C. Dean's Quality Management System on the assigned project, specifically ensuring:
- Control of Documents and Records
- Control of Nonconforming Installation
- Initiation, follow-up and closure of corrective and preventive actions.
- Document and Implement the Quality Plan tailored to project specifications/contractual requirements
- Partner with the project team in understanding the complete scope of work for the project.
- Establish and lead 3-Phase Quality Control Process conducting preparatory, initial and follow-up phase inspections.
- Collect data from internal inspections on conformity to requirements and compliance to procedures and prepare weekly inspection data log (Field Data Collection Report).
- Initiate/Assign/Manage Discrepancy Notices, Corrective Action Reports, Corrective & Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Identify and provide solutions to project specific issues based on knowledge, experience and outside resources.
- Manage the punch list identification and closeout process.
- Establish and lead quality initiatives for the project.
- Participate in the review of Engineering deliverables (Drawing (Design/Detail), Specification, Submittals) and ensure all comments generated during these reviews are addressed.
- Provide oversight and coordinate 3rd party peer design and 3rd party testing agencies, implement recommendations as necessary.
- Participate in the daily Operational Risk Management (ORM) meetings ensuring Quality items/issues for the scope of the work are discussed.
- Assess project performance under the quality management system and provide management, guidance, assistance and support to the project team as required.
- Perform receipt inspections of all procured materials.
- Participate and provide logistical support in the execution of internal audits.
Perform Quality Control tasks to include:
- Contract document review for compliance: RFP, Specs, Drawings, Submittals, etc...
- Review design documents for constructability and contract compliance.
- Implement 3-Phase Quality Control approach: Preparatory meetings, Initial inspections, and Follow-up inspections for all applicable Definable Features of Work.
- Create detailed project specific installation checklists for field workers.
- Perform inspections on all work performed in detail, efficiently, and in conjunction with Owner/QC.
- Collect data, analyze for continuous improvement, and share with project team weekly.
- Participate in daily safety meetings to discuss Quality issues and concerns.
- Attend all required project meetings to provide resolution to any Quality issues from Owner/QC.
- Manage and assist in resolving all Quality or Commissioning punch-lists.
- Direct interface with GC/Owner to ensure requirements are understood and communicated to the project team.
Experience / Education Required:
Excellent PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft programs
Engineering Degree is required or equivalent years of relevant experience to be substituted for each year of education experience.
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Excellent problem solving, analyzing, and resolving skills
Ability to communicate at all levels of construction
Keen attention to detail
Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Ability to read, interpret and review construction drawings and documents
Must pass basic background check
Extensive knowledge of USACE/NAVFAC 3-Phase Quality Control System
Experience on military bases, government contracts
Journeyman's Electrical License, preferred and graduate from a certified Apprenticeship Program, preferred
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
* Leads by Example * Team Builder * Focused * Strong Mentor (For A/QCM)
* Driven * Results Oriented * Hands-on * Detail Oriented