M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
In this role, as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for developing, integrating, and testing.
Essential responsibilities and activities include but are not limited to:
- Familiarity with relevant codes and standards such as the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), National Electric Codes (NFPA 70 and 70E), National Standards Institute (ANSI), National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), International building/Electrical Code (IBC/IEC), IEEE 141 and 242 and other industry standards documents as part of design and installation efforts.
- Able to develop and produce conceptual design to construction documents from utilization voltage to low voltage including, detailed equipment layout, single and three-line diagrams, grounding, and feeder routing.
- Medium voltage design experience, including working knowledge of relays protection schemes.
- Working knowledge and experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS), and Software Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems.
- Ability to design control wiring diagram and electrical interlocks schemes for protecting electrical equipment such as switchgear, transformers, generators. Ability to understand PLC and ladder logic and write control sequences.
- Able to size wire, conduit and overcurrent protection for lighting and power applications.
- Able to perform voltage drop calculations, calculate raceway and cable tray fill.
- Properly size equipment, including, but not limited to, switchgear, substations, switchboards, UPS and generator systems, distribution panelboards and motor control center loading.
- Able to develop equipment specifications such as switchgear, generator and generator plants, large UPS systems, load break switches, motor control centers, etc. and capable of performing calculations for required short circuit and overcurrent protective device ratings.
- Develop specifications and installation details of construction materials and equipment.
- Ability to perform selective coordination, arch flash studies and grounding studies.
- Perform Neher-McGrath cable and temperature analysis of underground cable raceways.
- Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements to produce all electrical deliverables.
- Develop and create Method of Procedures (MOP), and Sequence of Operations (SOP) to support construction execution effort
- Able to begin mentoring and provide guidance to Level I and II staff.
- Able to develop a construction cost estimate, a detailed engineering schedule and a manhour budget for a small project or an area for a larger project.
- Ability to accurately estimate completion percentage of assigned tasks.
- Knowledge and application of company BIM/CAD drafting standards.
Minimum Position / Candidate Requirements
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information.
- ABET accredited BS in Electrical Engineering or higher
- 7+ Years of Power/Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of MV Substation and Distribution Design
- 5+ years of UPS system design
- Experience in mission critical datacenter design and/or industrial process power design
- Sign/seal documents where you are in responsible charge of the design team.
- Strong oral, written and presentation Skills.
- Ability to present to a group of peers and engineering leaders.
- Demonstrate working with multidisciplinary and cross functional teams.
- Experience leading and mentoring team of engineers.
- Demonstrated time management and organization skills working independently to meet deadlines and quality objectives.
- SKM System Analysis, ETAP or EasyPower experience
- Demonstrate/Produce drawings in AutoCAD/Revit Applications
- Strong MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint Skills.
- Microsoft Project and Scheduling experience.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 10% of the time.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to pass a drug test
- Must be able to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Must be able to view a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Possessing good vision (may be corrected vision)
- Ability to communicate
- Must have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard, including significant fine finger dexterity
- Maintaining effective audio-visual abilities and perception needed for: making observations, reading and writing, communicating with others, operating assigned equipment according to safety standards
- Focusing on complex tasks for extended periods of time
- Walking, standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Pushing, pulling or lifting equipment or supplies routinely encountered in an office environment
- At times, required to access work areas that are accessible only by O.S.H.A. approved site construction ladders or stairs that are under construction
- Must wear an M.C. Dean hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site
Desired / Advantageous Qualifications
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified in Power Quality (CPQ)
- Lighting Certified (LC)
- Certified Lighting & Efficiency Professional (CLEP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- Design Build Institute of America (DBIA)
- INCOSE Certification
- NICET/NETA Certifications
- BISCI certified
- LEED certified
- DoD Secret clearance
- AutoCAD Inventor Experience
- Procore Application Experience
- Trimble Accubid Experience
- SEL product training
- Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project Critical Path Method Scheduling/Resource Management
- Experience with Modular Construction and/or LOD 300+400
- AGI32 software