M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Leader I is responsible for the overall administration, organization and implementation of small electrical construction projects or parts of larger more complex projects.Experience as lead on electrical projects from proposal through close out;handling estimates, contract drawings, subcontractors, contract addendum, specifications, change orders, RFI's and submittals
- Assisting the project Superintendent in the preparation of project documentation requirements, project layout, and field office support.
- Developing a resource loaded CPM schedule with time scale logic in Primavera scheduling software.
- Coordinating and running a project kick-off meeting (PKOM).
- Forecasting cash flow and manpower needs for projects.
- Reading and interpreting blue prints and project specifications.
- Working with the project Superintendent to develop a budget and cost codes for a project and assigning costs and manpower to the schedule for foreman level tracking.
- Researching and compiling submittals, pricing change orders and preparing estimates for designed projects by finishing the design and preparing a complete project estimate.
- Meeting with potential customers to present proposals.
- Understanding and following bid procedures and bid forms.
- Conferring with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Coordinating the acquisition of major materials, monitoring tool and equipment requirements with the project Superintendent and the warehouse.
- Acquiring all required permits and licenses for projects and ensuring all inspections are handled correctly and in a timely manner.
- Overall financial management of the project (s).
- Responsible to keep the profitability at and/above budget.
- Expediting all change orders.
- Assuring a timely completion of a project including the completion of punch-list items, the submittal of accurate as-built drawings, operation and maintenance manuals, and the completion of all training and other administrative requirements.
- Monitoring project progress, preparing monthly reports analyzing the accuracy of the budget, schedule, cash flow and manpower forecasts.
- Identifying opportunities for cost-saving measures, quality improvement and incorporating best practices.
- Ensuring KPR's are complete and all information is accurate.
- Developing a detailed equipment plan.
- Ensuring all safety regulations are adhered to
- Reviewing contracts and customer negotiations.
- Experience with technical writing and proposals.
- Experience creating and managing budgets, estimates and schedules.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, experience using sophisticated Project Mgmt software, Cost software, and CAD/Micro station.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques, production methods, and the coordination of manpower and resources.
- Understanding of the practical application of engineering science and technology including applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various projects.
- Experience reading blueprints, knowledge of NEC codes, materials, methods, and the tools involved in the electrical industry.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
- 7-9 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or Physics preferably from an ABET accredited program; 5-7 years of experience with a Master's degree
- Experience with Accibid
- Construction Management
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.