M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate, and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments, complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,600 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Fire Protection Engineer
- Design of Fire Alarm & Detection, Supervising Station and Mass Notification Systems
- Design of Special hazard suppression systems.
- Maintain design standards and process for Life Safety Group.
- Consult with architects, engineers and other clients on Building/Fire Code & Standards including negotiating with Fire Marshals and Building Officials
Traits / Qualities
- Client facing
- Works well in team environment
- Capable of working on multiple tasks / assignments and can prioritize work
- Takes ownership of schedule & budget as it relates to engineering and design deliverables
- High integrity
- Quality awareness
- Demonstrate technical leadership, providing resolution to technical issues either through own knowledge or by coordination with Subject Matter Expert
Education / Technical & Experience
- B.S. in Fire Protection Engineering;
- Registered P. E. or in pursuit of P.E. license in Fire Protection Engineering.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in the design and review of Fire Protection.
- Experience in developing plans and specifications for a wide variety of Fire Alarm and Suppression Systems (Including Special Hazard Suppression Systems)
- Intimate knowledge of NFPA and building codes; experience with working with plan reviewers & AHJs
- General life safety design knowledge along with programming and commissioning of FA systems; experience with Notifier & VESDA is a plus.
- Fluent in ACAD / Revit or other design tools;
- Performs complete system layout in accordance with code, battery calculations and develop sequence of operations / scripts for complete FA systems; and
- Prior hands on field experience is a plus.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.