Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Job Title: Data Engineer
Location: Dumfries, VA
The Data Engineer will build optimal data pipelines to support the data science team including:
- Ingest data from various sources such as web pages, APIs, databases at scheduled times.
- Aggregate and Transform the ingested data to meet the requirements of downstream tasks.
- Design optimal database schema to store the clean data in an efficient and reliable fashion.
- Implement the API for internal teams to conveniently access the stored data.
- Monitor and report on the health and performance of the data pipeline, perform optimizations as needed.
- Requires US Citizenship for the ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- 1+ year of experience as Data Engineer or Software Engineer building data pipelines in a cross functional environment.
- Basic knowledge of a JVM language such as Java/Scala/Kotlin.
- Working Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL Databases and familiarity with concepts such as Indexing, Consistency, Availability, Partitioning, etc.
- Working Knowledge of reading from and writing own APIs to access data in desired formats.
- Experience with data pipeline management tools such as Airflow, Luigi, Nifi.
- Experience with stream processing tools such as Kafka, Storm and Spark.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources at .
- Woman-Owned Small Business
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Affirmative Action Employer
- Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply