Project Engineer will be part of its engineering team in overseeing the post-sale Engineering aspects during integration of Audio Visual, Video Conferencing and IT Solutions systems. He/She would be responsible for reviewing complex scopes of work and site information and bills of materials, then producing signal flow schematics and infrastructure drawings and other installation documents. The Project Engineer will assist the project manager, programmer, and installation technicians in solving technical issues that may arise during the implementation phase, providing change orders as needed. Handling multiple tasks on a daily basis, he/she will respond quickly and accurately to requests for assistance.
- Engineering for small (25K and below) to large-sized (200k and up) projects
- Create build documentation such as signal flow and AV Architectural requirements
- Review scope of work and bill of materials documentation for uniformity and accuracy
- Producing other documentation such as power draw charts, head loads and wire pull charts
- Create change orders, answer internal questions, work along with project stakeholders and other trades to aid in completion of projects
- Ownership as primary engineer for 8 to 15 concurrent projects varying in size
- Respond to any notifications in a timely and proficient manner
- Effectively communicate and document activities
- Maintain a positive attitude, strong work ethic and embrace a team centric environment
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 3-5 years AV engineering experience and/or training
- CTS certification or equivalent
- CTS-D is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD 2013 or newer versions is required
- Experience with block creation and dynamic blocks a plus
- Knowledge of acoustical design and integration is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word is required
- Additional manufacturer specific certifications (Biamp, Crestron, Extron, Polycom) is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate a high level of organizational skills
- Possesses ability to work in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
- Ability to prioritize and possess excellent problem solving skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard; and talk or hear.
- Required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cenero provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.