Lead Stormwater Compliance Field Technician
Stockton, CA, Modesto, CA, Pleasant Hill, CA
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as a Lead Stormwater BMP Maintenance & Compliance Technician
- Inspect, clean & maintain stormwater infrastructure at client properties in Northern California.
- Conduct and document site inspections using mobile technology.
- Operate and maintain field equipment.
- Collect stormwater and other environmental samples for laboratory analysis.
- Identify, report and correct deficiencies.
- Accurately track and report your time, project materials and equipment.
- Ensure safe work practices among project teams.
- Actively develop your own career growth.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other SW Compliance Technicians.
Why you'll love working with us:
- Stable, year-round full-time employment.
- Company-provided field truck and smart-phone.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental, and vision plan.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- Paid Time Off, 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,500+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
What we're looking for:
- GED or High School diploma.
- 5+ years of experience inspecting, cleaning and maintaining stormwater infrastructure.
- "Road Warrior" who enjoys hands-on outdoor, physical labor and can travel throughout Northern California.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong communication and leadership skills; must be able to communicate effectively with field staff, customers and senior management.
- Strong attention to detail and aptitude to document all field activities using mobile technology.
- Experience with light construction, landscaping, data collection, and stormwater management concepts and techniques.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds, work in confined spaces, and in inclement weather.
- OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER certification and environmental sampling experience desired.
- Stable employment history and favorable employment references.
- Track record of excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Clean driving and criminal records.
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Position: Sr Field Technician
Industry: Field Services
Location: Sacramento or Stockton CA or Modesto CA or Pleasant Hill, CA or Vacaville, CA
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.