At GTE Financial, you'll enjoy much more than a career. You'll experience something truly unique: a friendly, committed community of employees who are dedicated to your success-and to the advancement of the businesses, neighbors, friends, and outreach partners that give our work meaning. Established as a not-for-profit cooperative and a federal credit union in 1935, we are one of the region's largest locally owned and operated financial institutions in Tampa Bay.
GTE Financial was named as one of Tampa Bay's Top Workplaces
and Best Places to Work!
Looking for an Opportunity to Intern with GTE Financial?
The purpose of the GTE Financial Internship Program is to provide a venue for student engagement and experiential learning. The intern serves in roles that provide real output and value to the organization and our members. The intern role is limited to the 2020 summer term only; select year-round internships may be available.
The dates for the internship program commence May 18th, 2020 through August 14th, 2020. Interns are expected to work full-time (40 hours per week) and take no more than one evening or online course.
What does GTE look for in a Marketing Intern?
- New website optimization, improvements, and enhancements that will need to be done in 2020, including enhanced search functionality, personas/targeting, and multilingual support.
- Provide support for GTE Financial's primary website, gtefinancial.org.
- Assist with the development and improvement of GTE Financial's child sites, including (but not limited to) GTE Title, GTE Insurance, and GTE Investments. Digital presence enhancement
- Assistance with marketing campaigns as needed
- Promotional web page development
- Digital marketing campaign support
- HTML support for emails and login interrupts
- Review and proof all deliverable for accuracy and effectiveness.
- Comfortable working with technology, learning the gtefinancial.org content management system to effectively launch and edit web pages online.
- Good at setting goals and then evaluating if/why goals were met, adjusting along the way if needed.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Enrolled in an accredited college or university with at-least part-time status.
- Must submit a cover letter, resume, transcripts, and 3 references.
- Demonstration of extracurricular and community service activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong copy-writing and project tracking skills, grammar, proof reading/editing and customer service skills.
Location: Downtown Tampa - GTE Headquarters
Department Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am to 6:00 pm)
Come and join our award-winning team!
GTE Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: The above statements describe the general nature and level of the work being performed and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of an employee in this job. Job duties can and may change at any time as directed by management. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Tampa, Florida, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity. GTE Financial is committed to the policy of providing equal employment opportunities for training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other aspects of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or veteran status.