|Description||COMPANY OVERVIEW: Catholic Charities is the social ministry outreach of the Archdiocese of Washington. We believe in strengthening the lives of all in need by giving help that empowers and hope that lasts. Catholic Charities works to create a world in which every person is cherished, regardless of individual limitations, and strengthened in the use of personal gifts in order to reach his or her full potential as a valued member of the community. We are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values. |
Inspiring Hope. Building Futures.
JOB SUMMARY: The Driver transports mails of the Department of Interior to various mail sites.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Pick up and deliver parcel in and out of government buildings and various DOI sites.
* Provide shuttle and pick up service to government buildings and various DOI sites.
* Provide general maintenance, upkeep, and inspection of government and company vehicles fleet.
* Locate customer mail stops on government computers and keep abreast of office and mail stop changes.
* Conduct primary and secondary sorting of incoming USPS mail.
* Process metering of outgoing mail.
* Provide customer service to all mailroom and shuttle patrons.
* Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
|Requirements||EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE: |
* High school diploma or GED.
* 2 years of driving and mailing services experience.
* May require a Dept. of Homeland Security clearance.
* Statement of Disability.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
* Ability to communicate well in English, both written and oral.
* Basic computer skills.