|HVAC Technician 1 - St. Louis, Missouri|
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Req. Number: 4726
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Investigates problems and performs repairs on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation systems. Performs preventative maintenance on various mechanical and electrical equipment in heating and cooling systems. Install and calibrate systems; install copper tubing and repair pipes and tubing as necessary; test joints and insulate pipes of refrigeration and air conditioning systems; flush boilers, descale tubing; rebuild pressure and temperature safety valves and water pumps. Install, rebuild, replace or repair fans, motors, thermostats, fuses, filters, bearings, valves, controls, gaskets and other equipment as necessary. Maintain related records concerning time, labor and materials; ma intain log of tasks performed and write reports as required. Requires 7X24 availability when on call. May require limited overnight travel at company expense.
Work is performed under general supervision of the Regional Mangers and Team Leads. Receives assignments in terms of schedules, priorities, and general instructions pertaining to special problem areas. Is afforded freedom of action within the framework of established policies, procedures, and production schedules; accomplishing assignments on own initiative. Completed work is subject to review for adherence to policy, soundness of recommendations, and overall accomplishment of organizational tasks and functions
-CFC certification required
* Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
* Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
* Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
* Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
* Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
* May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled