|Fire Alarm Apprentice - Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC|
Location: Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC
Req. Number: 4713
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
The Apprentice I is responsible for assisting with the installation of systems and equipment as directed by their supervisor. Develops solutions to problems of limited scope. Working on personally developing telecom skills. All Apprentice I activities will be directly supervised. Works on a limited variety of straightforward jobs.
Responsible for but not limited to:
* High School diploma or GED required.
* Reliable Transportation
* Must successfully pass a background check and drug test
* Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record.
* Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
* Relocates a twelve foot stepladder without assistance.
* Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
* Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
* Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see In color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
* May use a standard ladder while carrying tools.
* Must be committed to excellence and generate a high quality of work.
* Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work environment.
* Must wear an M.C. Dean, Inc. hard hat and safety glasses at all times while on the job site.
* Must wear OSHA approved boot length pants and a shirt that covers the shoulders by seven (7) inches. These are not provided by the Company.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled