HR Services Intern
US OH Columbus
The HR Services Intern will work on challenging projects that provide broad exposure to the HR Functions of our organization through our Service Team while encouraging further development as an individual and business professional.
Hexion's Internship Program is an opportunity for students to bring their passion and educational experience to a global leader in specialty chemicals and an environment driven by our Core Values. These include:
- Ethics and Integrity
- Safety, Health and Environmental Stewardship
- Customer Centric
- Our People
- High Performance Team Work
Internship opportunities with Hexion are available in multiple disciplines providing students an unparalleled experience within a global corporation focused on building a better world. Hexion is powered by a spirit of innovation providing a unique program encouraging students to actively contribute to Hexion's continuous development. Hexion provides challenging projects that not only provide broad exposure to the intern's particular field of study, but encourage further development as an individual and a business professional. We strive to ensure that interns leave our program having gained knowledge and skills that cannot be taught in the classroom.
Based in Columbus, Ohio, Hexion Inc. is the global leader in thermoset resins. Through a broad range of thermoset technologies and specialty products, Hexion serves and supports customers in a diverse range of applications and industries.
Hexion materials are found in products that touch nearly every facet of modern living. At Hexion, we believe that leadership begins with integrity, ethics and environmentally sound operations. When you work for Hexion, you are partnering with a company that is not only focused on delivering value but on doing it in a safe, ethical and environmentally responsible manner.
This exciting opportunity is part of Hexion Inc.
- Daily support of various HR Processes including benefits administration, retirement administration, employee relations and AP.
- Executes transactions and provides information to independently resolve customer inquiries / requests via phone, web and tickets
- Documents all requests / inquiries in the case management system
- Searches content in HR tools to resolve customer requests / inquiries
- Escalates client service issues and trends to HR Services leadership as needed (e.g., spike in benefits inquiries from payroll)
- Support HR Services Team through adhoc process improvement projects
- Demonstrates a baseline knowledge of HR standards, policies and processes across all HR areas in order to respond to customer inquiries and issues
- Senior in Undergraduate HR Program
- Communication: Active listener who effectively translates information into tasks
- Problem solving: Ability to resolve problems using the available information and resources
- Computer skills: Intermediate ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel; ability to learn new features
- Senior in Undergraduate HR Program
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.