M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Marketing & Communications Senior Specialist (Tysons, VA)
M.C. Dean is seeking a marketing communications specialist based in Tysons, VA, to drive client-focused marketing events and integrated marketing communications campaigns in support of the company's business growth, financial and operational goals.
M.C. Dean, an engineering and technology company headquartered in the national capital region, provides large-scale systems and systems integration solutions for state and local governments; federal, defense and national security clients; and Fortune 100 technology, healthcare and industrial corporations.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The specialist will lead the client-focused marketing activities through the development of print, digital and multimedia marketing toolkit materials and management of client-, employee- and recruiting-focused tradeshows and events. The specialist also will lead and support strategic, integrated marketing communications campaign efforts on behalf of the department.
- Client-focused Marketing Events and Promotions: Plan, manage and develop annual conference, event and award submission calendars. award submissions, client events and tours.
- Marketing Intelligence Support: Support for department market intelligence, competitive analysis and market segmentation research and reporting efforts.
- Integrated Campaigns: Work with the marketing and communications vice president to formulate and drive the implementation of market-specific, omni-channel (earned, owned, shared and paid) marketing communications campaigns that promote the company's subject matter expertise. The specialist will lead several 'beats' and will support one or more campaigns each year.
- Project Management: The specialist will be responsible for coordinating with and overseeing the work of interns, coordinators and/or freelancers to complete projects.
- Research and Reporting: Work with the vice president of marketing and communications to establish campaign metrics. Gather quantitative and qualitative data to obtain feedback on marketing and communications activities and strategies. Present findings and make recommendations for further action. Provide input for weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Writing and Editing: Prepare or edit marketing and communications materials for internal and external audiences. Work with internal stakeholders to write and prepare news stories, marketing collateral, presentations, video scripts and displays. The specialist will support quality control and editing of internal and external news stories, as well as copy for print and digital content.
- Branding: Provide brand stewardship through all marketing and communications activities. Support brand research, development and implementation efforts for the upcoming branding and digital campaign roll out.
- Team Support Roles: The marketing and communications department operates in a highly-collaborative structure that requires each of us to support other members of the team responsible for driving high-priority initiatives. The specialist may be regularly called upon to support projects led by other members of the team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications; Masters preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in marketing and communications
- Excellent written communications skills with mastery of AP Style guidelines
- Experience managing integrated campaigns as an external or in-house consultant
- Experience managing marketing and employee events, site tours and demonstrations
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Must enjoy working with information that is technical in nature and have the ability to tailor that information for both lay and specialized audiences
- Highly collaborative team player willing to jump in to support others on the team
- Must be adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and creatively solve problems
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated analytical skills with research experience
- Ability to interface with all levels of management
- Willingness to work more than 40 hours per week
- Ability to travel (10-20%)
- Previous experience consulting for a professional services, technology or AEC firm
- Familiarity with U.S. federal contracting
- Mastery of with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with SharePoint and website content management systems
- Experience with web analytics and media and social media distribution and tracking tools
- Experience with data/statistical analysis tools such as SPSS, R, Matlab, Statistica or Stata
- Basic HTML and CSS a plus
- Master's degree a plus
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.