Laulima Government Solutions is looking for a qualified Outbreak Response Scientistto provide leadership support servicesfor the National Institute of Allergies and Infectious Disease (NIAID) in a high containment facility.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Support facilitate research with refined animal models for biodefense agents as well as to test human samples associated with naturally occurring outbreaks in the high containment environment.
- Support activities in outbreak response field settings.
- Potentially participate in deployment rotations to international and domestic sites.
- Aid in outbreak activities involving research of Ebola survivor surveillance in West Africa.
- Comply with the NIH Division of Occupational Health and Safety requirement for satisfactory completion of the Biosurety program and Select Agent program.
- Play a role in ensuring that the biosurety program promotes a security conscious culture.
- Comply with the physical security, protection of the division's property, protection of information, cyber security, agent protection, control and accountability, safe disposal and waste handling, and personal security guidelines set forth by the division's Biosurety program.
- Minimum of a full 4-year course of study from an accredited college or university leading to a Bachelor of Science or higher degree.
- Ability to work in BSL-4 setting
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must be a US citizen or permanent resident.
- Ability to obtain/maintain DoJ Security Risk Assessment (SRA) approval.
- Must be willing to be immunized with licensed and FDA approved Investigational New Drugs (IND) recommended for persons at risk to occupational exposure of biological agents
- Must be willing to participate in periodic drug screening.
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain certification in Chemical Personnel Reliability Program and/or Biological Personnel Reliability Program.
- Must have the ability to obtain/maintain CDC Select Agent Program approval.
- Willingness to work under BSL-2, BSL-3, and BSL-4 conditions. Able to wear respiratory protection.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Familiarity with hospital tools such as endoscopy, cardiac telemetry monitors, and Computed Tomography (CT), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Single Positron Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT), and Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Ultrasonography imaging to systematically evaluate the pathogenic processes and clinical course of disease in animal models exposed to microbes.
- Experience with viral Select Agents is highly desired
- Good Laboratory Practice experience is preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Basic understanding of laboratory information management systems (LIMS)
- Demonstrate interpersonal, oral and written communication, and organizational skills
- Demonstrate ability to ability to work independently, design experiments, and analyze data
- Individual must be able to meet the requirements for Public Trust Level 5b. For this level, candidates must complete and pass a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) with fingerprinting, and a Minimum Background Investigation (MBI).
Laulima Government Solutions, LLCis a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLCis proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please clickto request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kupono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kikaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit