M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
Senior Systems Engineer - Cloud Systems
- Design, prototype, test, and implement advanced cloud and hybrid architectures to support a combination of custom and COTS software deployments;
- Develop, implement, and maintain configuration of underlying cloud services, including but not limited to AWS VPC, EC2, ELB, IAM, KMS, Cloudwatch, Config, CloudTrail, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, etc.
- Administer existing and deploy new AWS EC2/RDS instances, and related infrastructure
- Manage distributed / multi-tenant hybrid cloud computing environment's security capabilities; maintain compliance with US Government and industry standards
- Design, implement, and maintain automated infrastructure deployment tools and scripts, including but not limited to AWS CloudFormation templates, Ansible playbooks, and others
- Collaborate on development and driving adoption of best practices across the environment
- Act as the escalation point for the computing environment support / issue resolution
- Create and maintain detailed and accurate system documentation
- 7+ years of industry experience
- Strong knowledge of IP networking, including design, administration, and troubleshooting; deploying and managing routers, firewalls, VPN technologies; managing complex routing protocol implementations, including BGP
- Extensive experience in scripting (BASH, Python) and DevOps automation, using standard technologies, such as Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Experience deploying systems to cloud computing services like AWS
- Experience with Git or any other version control system
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Active certifications: Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS Solutions Architect Associate, or comparable
- Software development management tools, e.g. JIRA, Trac,.
- On-line collaboration tools, such as Wiki (e.g. Atlassian Confluence), Google Docs, and others;
- Commitment to excellence;
- Attention to details while maintaining a "big picture" understanding of the product and the client's operational needs;
- Excellent judgment and the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Seven (7)+ years of experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, Math, or Business Administration. Master's degree preferred. Bachelor's or Master's degrees in other disciplines may be considered if combined with relevant experience.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.