|Electrician (Service & Critical Support) - DC Metro Region|
Location: Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC
Req. Number: 4668
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assembling, installing, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, cable, equipment, components and devices associated with electrical equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans. Installing and mounting electronic controls, devices, panels, sensors, and components. Performing interlock wiring as required. Testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices. Inspecting installation sites and studying work orders, building plans, and installation manuals in order to determine material requirements and installation procedures. Diagnosing malfunctioning systems, apparatuses, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem. Directing and training workers in install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Read contract drawings.
Physical Ability Requirements:
1. Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
2. Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
3. Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
4. Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
5. Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
6. May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
Preferred Skill set
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled