Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Dumfries, Virginia, ALEX - Alternative Experts is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
Job Title: Security Cloud Platform Engineer
Job Location: Greenbelt, MD
The successful candidate will:
- Play a pivotal role in continuing to enhance the Cloud Security for a large federal agency.
- Work as the security lead as part of the Cloud team dedicated to continuously safeguarding assets as part of our journey to the public Cloud.
- Engineer solutions that will increase security visibility, anomaly detection, and threat mitigation within our Cloud environment
- Improve the accessibility of Cloud Security solutions through automation, continuous integration pipelines
- Challenge existing processes and improve and streamline them in order to improve safeguards for our customers
- Work within and across AGILE product teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, mentor members of the cloud community on security best practices
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
- Develop and analyze enterprise architectures that provide effective cyber security capabilities.
- Apply knowledge of network architectures, sensor technologies, and cyber threats to detect, diagnose, and appropriately respond to cyber-attacks directed against US Government networks.
- Design secure cloud architectures and services.
- Help develop and implement improved cyber security tools, techniques, and procedures
- U.S citizenship is required
- 5 Years IT Security experience
- Minimally 3 years of experience developing applications in the Cloud in AWS, Azure, OpenStack or Google Cloud Platform
- Minimally 3 years of experience in leading software-oriented projects from inception to delivery, including supporting the project
- 2 or more years of experience with the secure design and deployment of systems using Amazon Web Services (AWS) (ideally in the context of GovCloud or C2S)
- 2 or more years of experience with AWS security services, including: Identity Access Management (IAM), CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Key Management System (KMS), and/or Inspector
- 2 or more years of experience designing, developing and/or deploying security tools and technologies for cloud architectures
- High degree of comfort using containerization technology, minimally including Docker and Kubernetes
- At least 3 years of experience in object-oriented programming languages Python/Go or Shell
- Experience configuring and deploying service meshes
- Familiarity with hardening *nix and Windows systems
- Experience securing cloud native applications
- Exposure to Threat and Vulnerability assessment
- Knowledge of cyber security architectures and operations using IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS solutions
- Knowledge of US Government enterprise and network security concepts and solutions
- Knowledge of Security Frameworks (ISO, NIST, FISMA, COBIT, NERC CIP, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with statutes and regulations across multiple industries that are relevant to IT (e.g. SOX 404, HIPAA, FedRAMP, GLB, Patriot Act)
- Familiarity with implementing the NIST Risk Management Framework and going through the government Assessment & Authorization process (A&A)
- Experience in Jenkins and GitHub
- Certifications: CCSK, CCSS, CCSP, OSCP, CEH, CISSP, Security+, AWS
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security or Computer Engineering or other technical area of study
- Experience with space systems, including familiarity with space, ground and user segments, as well as legacy software
- 3+ years of coding experience
- 3+ years of experience with AGILE development methodologies
- 3+ years of AWS APIs experience
Education: B.S or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or other technical area of study from a recognized institution
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships on the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at .
- Woman-Owned Small Business
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Affirmative Action Employer
- Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply