|Telecommunication Engineer 3 - Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC|
Location: Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC
Req. Number: 4692
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
The Senior Telecommunications Engineer position involves the design, coordination, and specifying of telecommunication distribution systems and infrastructure for medium to large projects. The engineer coordinates and designs pathways and cabling for inside and outside plant infrastructure, produces floor plans that illustrate communication outlet locations, enlarged plans of telecommunication spaces, and provides labeling plans and run lists to support the design. The designer creates project specifications for construction, materials, and testing of components. The engineer will oversee the project throughout the entire project lifecycle, assisting with construction issues, scheduling and budget. The successful candidate should have experience in active communication systems which may include public address, distributed antenna systems, and nurse call.
The senior engineer will be expected to self-perform the tasks listed below in addition to leading other team members with the activities:
1) Producing detailed design drawings in AutoCAD or REVIT based on project criteria.
2) Producing detailed shop drawings in AutoCAD or REVIT based on project criteria.
3) Coordinating communication outlet types, configurations, and locations.
4) Producing detailed floor plan and enlarged telecommunication space designs.
5) Coordinate infrastructure needs with other systems: CCTV, Access Control, A/V, Fire Alarm, WLAN, Building Automation, etc.
6) Coordinating and producing detailed pathway designs to support inside and outside plant cabling infrastructure to include fill calculations.
7) Producing and managing cabling run lists.
8) Creating and editing project specifications based on project criteria.
9) Producing test plans.
10) Producing and reviewing project submittals.
11) Producing and responding to Requests for Information (RFI)
12) Assisting capture teams with take offs and proposal development.
13) Develop compliance matrices and other project support documentation.
14) Create and maintain drawing, specification, studies, and various design logs.
15) Assisting project teams with producing project deliverables.
16) Be actively engaged with the project quality control process and produce reports based on observations made on site visits.
17) Learn the operation of and lead in the design of active systems to include: nurse call systems, public address systems, distributed antenna systems, and emergency phones.
18) Produce plans and test procedures for Pre-Installation and Check Out (PITCO) activities.
19) Develop an in depth knowledge of and utilize relevant sections of NFPA codes, TIA Standards, BICSI publications, or other relevant criteria.
1) Minimum 7-9 year's recent experience in the telecommunications infrastructure industry with a Bachelor's Degree in a related field, 5-7 year's recent experience in the telecommunications infrastructure industry with a Master's Degree in a related field, 1-3 year's recent experience in the telecommunications infrastructure industry with a PHD in a related field.
2) Detailed, motivated, self-starter; must be able to work independently and lead in a team environment.
3) Must be willing to expand knowledge base to new systems and technologies as project demand dictates.
4) Must poses and demonstrate basic understanding of TIA standards and NFPA Codes.
5) Must be able to successfully pass an extensive background check.
6) Must achieve BICSI RCDD crendential within one year of employment.
1) BICSI RCDD
2) Experience working with Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) or Building Information Management (BIM) systems such as REVIT.
3) Working knowledge of active communication systems such as Public Address, Nurse Call, Distributed Antenna Systems, WLAN, Emergency Phones.
4) Manufacturer certifications a plus.
5) Prior field installation and testing experience a plus.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled