The Investment Systems & Operations Analyst brings experience and good judgment to their work and is responsible for the daily support and maintenance of variety of investment operations duties, including but not limited to, reconciliation, corporate actions processing, security master setup & maintenance, account setup & maintenance, fee billing, performance calculations, and investment systems support and configuration. The Investment Systems & Operations Analyst is able to independently handle daily tasks and projects and comply with firm policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily position and transaction reconciliation between 1919ic’s Portfolio Accounting System (Advent’s APX) and custodian banks.
- Process corporate actions for securities held including cash and stock dividends, splits, mergers and acquisitions.
- Setup and maintenance of security master data.
- Calculation, reconciliation & analysis of performance data.
- Work with Finance to produce, maintain and support the fee billing process
- Support, analysis and configuration of trading, portfolio accounting & analytics systems.
- Support & analysis for new development initiatives to drive workflow improvements within investment operations and investment teams.
- Support the creation of monthly and quarterly client reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Monitor and support daily automated workflows, as well as occasional on-call responsibilities in the event of a workflow failure.
- Develop new and re-evaluate current procedures to promote continuous process improvement.
- Work directly with Trading and Portfolio Management teams to help provide a consistently high level of service to our clients.
- Minimum Required: B.S. or B.A. in Finance, Economics or related field
- Minimum Required: 1 to 3 years related experience
- General financial instruments knowledge (equities, fixed income, options, swaps, futures, foreign exchange) within both the domestic and global security markets. Knowledge and familiarity with the financial markets. Prior experience with Factset, Bloomberg & Advent suite of products a plus.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and constantly evolving environment with a wide range of responsibilities. Dependable, accurate and conscientious with a strong sense of team effectiveness.
- Strong analytical skills, service oriented, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong organization skills and attention to detail, self-motivated and able to multi-task in an independent and timely manner.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Established in 1890, Stifel is one of the nation’s leading full-service wealth management and investment banking firms. Stifel serves clients from more than 400 offices across the United States and ranks as the nation’s seventh largest full-service investment firm in terms of number of financial advisors. We are also a leading provider of investment banking services to the middle market, a top-ten municipal bond underwriter, and home to one of the industry’s largest research franchises. In addition our Stifel Bank subsidiary provides a comprehensive range of banking services.
At Stifel we offer an entrepreneurial environment, comprehensive benefits package to include health, dental and vision care, 401k, wellness initiatives, life insurance, and paid time off.
Stifel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.