M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The M.C. Dean, Inc. Maritime Division works at shipyards around the world from our regional offices in Chesapeake, VA, and San Diego, CA. Become a key member of our Alteration Installation Teams, supporting C4ISR system installations on ships and submarines. Join the top team on the waterfront, working for unrivaled compensation and benefits.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational trade school or similar job requiring mechanical aptitude and skill
Experience: 0-2 Years
- Previous position requiring good hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills
- Works with a team supporting cabling, equipment, and device installations
- Learn to read and understand U.S. Navy ship installation drawings, diagrams, blueprints, and cable running sheets.
- Learn to use hand tools and test equipment
- Learn leadership skills
- Learn superior workmanship in a mission-critical environment
Physical Requirements and Safety Certifications:
- Occupation Safety Haz-Mat
- Shipyard Competent Person
- Aloft/Climbing / Climbing Shipyard Stairs and Ladders
- Working in Confined Spaces
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation
- Safely Lift and Move Objects of up to 50 LBS
Security and Work Locations:
- Work is primarily in San Diego, CA and Norfolk, VA but you may travel for extended periods to other shipyards in the USA and to other Navy ports outside the USA
- You will work at government facilities. You must be a US Citizenship eligible for clearance.
- You must pass a background investigation
- You must have a valid driver's license
- Work overtime upon management request
- Maintain and safeguard company equipment and tools
- Maintain and safeguard inventory
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12 foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders .
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pu lls and reaches overhead on a routi ne and repetitive basis .
- Possess good vision (ma y be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May us e a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.
Possible travel locations include the below but not limited to:
- San Diego, CA
- Vallejo, CA
- Everett, WA
- Seattle, WA
- Portland, OR
- Groton, CT
- Mayport, FL
- Panama City, FL
- Charleston, SC
- Pearl Harbor, HI
- Portland, OR
- Earl, NJ