M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
This is for an Electronic Systems Security Design Engineer supporting a wide variety of security system technologies. This position is responsible for the design and implementation of systems into new or existing security infrastructure, including Physical and Logical Access Control Systems, Intrusion Detection Systems, Networking Monitoring, Network Intrusion Systems, CCTV, and Perimeter Protections. This position involves all aspect of security design and requires individuals who are willing to validate designed solutions in a hands-on environment where our engineers build and test the systems they design in a lab environment
- Design of security system architecture for ACS, IDS, CCTV, etc.
- Design of LAN and WAN topologies for security systems including switches, routers, and firewalls
- Integration of security systems with VMWare, Windows, and Unix operating systems
- Perform various engineering and implementation tasks such as Site Surveys; system Verification and Validation testing including Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Pre-Installation and Test Check-Out (PITCO), and System Operational Verification Tests (SOVT); and engineering escalation support for project and operational environments
- Support for Certification and Accreditation of networks and platforms to DISA standards
- Develop wiring and mounting details in AutoCAD.
- Analyze data collected during site surveys with an emphasis on identified field of specialty.
- Work with more senior engineers in enhancing and contributing to the equipment library.
- Vet new equipment/systems through the product lab.
- Assist with generation of PITCO, performance verification testing and field device testing plans.
- Generate various calculations; including but not limited to power, heat, voltage drop, conduit sizing and bandwidth.
- Develop compliance matrices and other project support documentation.
- Validate drawing package to ensure conformity to all requirements listed in the compliance matrix.
- Research optimal equipment/systems to be included in proposals.
- Identify and resolve field device and system application and interoperability issues.
- Utilize trade drawings (i.e. architectural, electrical, mechanical and civil) in order to identify potential design and installation problems.
- Assist in the development of drawing sheet requirements for a design package.
- Assist in mentoring associate engineers.
- Develop an in depth knowledge of and utilize relevant sections of NEC, NFPA 101, ICD 705, NISPOM and other industry standards documents as part of design and installation efforts.
- Participate in Engineering peer reviews for Quality Control and Quality Assurance.
- Support and author white papers for information sharing and collaboration
Specific position requirements are as follows:
- 5-7 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline (BS)
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S. Citizenship, for access to classified information; DoD Secret clearance is required.
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
- Vendor certifications in multiple IDS, ACS, and CCTV systems
- DoD Approved Baseline IAT Certifications
- MDI Certified
- Verint Certified
- DMP Certified
- Vindicator Certified
- CNL PISM Certified
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.