M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for developing Electrical Testing Program for duty site and serve as the subject matter expert over the divisions Operation and Maintenance progra
- Responsible for managing or training operations staff to operate (monitor and control) and update all system (s) control applications maximizing the efficiency of the system being controlled and revising the operating controls as needed to accommodate changes in the facility operations or to correct identified problems/ inefficiencies.
- Responsible for assisting the development process, methods, standard operating procedures (SOP) and training programs for operators to monitor and control the complex mechanical, electrical, life safety and building control system(s) that comprise the monitor and control.
- Responsible for assisting the implementation process and procedures set forth using CMMS program to schedule, dispatch, track and report MEP field emergency repair, adjustment, preventive maintenance and warranty activities.
- Manages the integration, reliability and functionality for all the building control system(s) that comprise the mission that include the SCADA, Delta Controls and the Life Safety Systems.
- Coordinates with the BOC Manager while on duty to optimize the performance of monitoring systems and meet the government energy goals
- Provides oversight; must be capable of troubleshooting and have the expertise to address operational problems.
- Assumes supervisory responsibility of the Electricians and Mechanics in the absence of the Chief Engineer
- Assists MEP Operations Manager in developing electrical work and project schedules.
- Assists in developing and implementing ORM safety procedures and safety meetings. Generate safety reports and maintain related safety records.
- Must be willing to carry a shop radio and cell phone when on duty to enable prompt emergency response.
- Must comply with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
- Must be a team player committed to work in a quality environment.
- Must be willing to perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as requested.
- Must conform to all city, state and federal licensing and certification requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work as needed including various shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime.
- Must be available 24/7/365 with exception for personal time off that will be covered by delegate.
- Electrical and Mechanical Engineering degree; equivalent experience will be considered (e.g., 10-15 years experience in a supervisory level position in maintenance trades and eight years field experience in senior level maintenance position). Experience as a Building Operations Center Manager is preferred. USGBC LEED EB accredited professional is a plus.
- TS/SCI clearance preferred or the ability to obtain one.
- Trouble shooting, SCADA, Building Management Systems, Relay testing, SKM power systems, ETAP, able to conduct short circuit studies, able to conduct Arc Flash studies,
Physical Ability Requirements:
- Lifts at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an extended period of time.
- Relocates a 12-foot stepladder without assistance.
- Works at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types of ladders.
- Walks, climbs, lifts, squats, crawls, kneels, pushes, pulls and reaches overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in English.
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit while carrying tools.