Responsible for safe and timely transportation of the Blood Mobile, vehicle maintenance, DOT compliance, and the stocking and transfer of supplies from storeroom to the Blood Mobile. Respond to security and emergency situations. Responsible for greeting and registering donors, and process collected units of blood. Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED (Required)
Minimum Work Experience
1 year - Knowledge of medical/scientific terminology.(Required)
Knowledge and understanding of DOT compliance regulations. (Required)
Required Licenses and Certifications
CDL (Commercial Driver License) (Required)
Vehicle Transport and Maintenance
1. Transport staff to and from site and vehicle garage
2. Prepare Blood Mobile for departure to and from site
3. Ensure Blood Mobile receives mechanical services and maintenance as needed
4. Respond to problems in a timely, efficient and appropriate manner
1. Greet donors and registers donors
2. Provide completed registration materials for review
3. Schedule subsequent appointments to be entered in the system
4. Utilize computer for obtaining donor information (if available)
5. Respond to routine inquiries from donors
6. Watch and assist donors in canteen area who have a donor reaction
1. Transfer supplies between Blood Mobile and office
2. Assist in stocking supplies and assuring pods are available for the Blood Mobile
1. Watch and assist donors in canteen area who have a donor reaction.
2. Process the unit of blood after collection.
3. Assist or respond as necessary to security problems, or emergency situations.
4. Prepare blood to be stored in coolers.
5. Prepare coolers for delivery to the blood bank including proper documentation.
1. Responsible for efficient and cost effective use of supplies and reagents; monitors supply inventories to assure adequate availability .
2. Search for less costly ways of performing duties.
1. Speak up when team members appear to exhibit unsafe behavior or performance
2. Continuously validate and verify information needed for decision making or documentation
3. Stop in the face of uncertainty and takes time to resolve the situation
4. Demonstrate accurate, clear and timely verbal and written communication
5. Actively promote safety for patients, families, visitors and co-workers
6. Attend carefully to important details - practicing Stop, Think, Act and Review in order to self-check behavior and performance
1. Annual unscheduled absence episodes: NM: 6 or more; PI: 4 - 5 or less; VP: 3 or less; ES: 2 or less EP: 1 or less
2. Available and punctual as scheduled.
3. Participate in continuing education opportunities available internally and/or externally.
1. Partner in the mission and upholds the core principles of the organization
2. Committed to diversity and recognizes value of cultural ethnic differences
3. Demonstrate personal and professional integrity
4. Maintain confidentiality at all times
1. Anticipate and responds to customer needs; follows up until needs are met
1. Demonstrate collaborative and respectful behavior
2. Partner with all team members to achieve goals
3. Receptive to others' ideas and opinions
1. Contribute to a positive work environment
2. Demonstrate flexibility and willingness to change
3. Identify opportunities to improve clinical and administrative processes
4. Make appropriate decisions, using sound judgment
Cost Management/Financial Responsibility
1. Use resources efficiently
2. Search for less costly ways of doing things