|ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN 3 [TS] - DC METRO|
Location: Washington Metro Area- MD/VA/DC
Req. Number: 4552
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Electronics Technician III will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Install and maintain electronic security systems with experience on various systems and with multiple customer programs
- Understand and analyze design documentation and system data to plan and execute installation and maintenance activities
- Identify installation and maintenance activities and determine execution durations
- Complete high quality device and component installation activities and maintenance activities
- Participate in configuration of servers, workstations, panels and other programmable components
- Execute testing to verify high quality installations
- Execute testing to identify and correct system problems at component and system levels as part of system sustainment activities
- Install system raceway
- Install system cabling
- Terminate and test system cabling and all components
- Install equipment racks, enclosures, panels and all mounting hardware components
- Meet all attendance requirements and working hours of the assignment
- Communicate effectively with supervisors
- Communicate effectively with subordinates
- Incorporate, follow and reinforce all required safety practices at all times
- Participate in creation, updates, and management of project schedules
- Identify potential project risks and manage to mitigate
- Track, document and analyze for productivity improvements
- Perform design drawing take-offs and participate in material order preparation
- Complete detailed and accurate as-built, testing, and quality control documentation
- Participate in logistics planning for personnel and equipment
- Perform as a reliable contact for field operations with the customer representatives
Specific position requirements are as follows:
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and may meet eligibility requirements, including U.S Citizenship, for access to classified information; DoD Top Secret clearance is required with SCI eligibility. Must be willing to upgrade to Polygraph.
- Eight (8) years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities on multiple systems and with multiple customer programs
- Requires minimum eight (8) years of experience in installation and/or maintenance of security, video surveillance, card access and alarm systems
- Requires a Valid driver's license
- HS diploma or GED Required
- This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
Specific desired skills and certifications are as follows:
- Software House CCURE, Verint, MDI, AMAG Symmetry, Bosch BVMS, FFT, Honeywell Video & Vindicator, and Proximex certifications and experience in installation of said systems.
- Lenel OnGuard Enterprise Security System certification (1000 and 2000)
- Vendor certifications in multiple IDS, ACS, and CCTV systems
- Formal Electronics Training as follows:
- Military Electronics Training (minimum 720 classroom hours) or
- Graduation from an accredited Electronics Technician program or
- Graduation from an Electrical Apprenticeship program or
- An additional three (3) years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled