|Electronics Technician 3 - Omaha NE|
Location: Omaha, NE
Req. Number: 4565
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Electronics Technician III will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Install and maintain electronic security systems
- Participate in review of design documentation and system for installation and maintenance activities
- Execute installation and maintenance activities within planned durations
- Complete high quality device and component installation activities and maintenance activities
- Participate in configuration of servers, workstations, panels and other programmable components under supervision
- Execute testing to verify high quality installations
- Execute testing to identify and correct system problems at component and system levels as part of system sustainment activities
- Install system raceway
- Install system cabling
- Terminate and test system cabling and all components
- Install equipment racks, enclosures, panels and all mounting hardware components
- Meet all attendance requirements and working hours of the assignment
- Communicate effectively with supervisors
- Incorporate, follow and reinforce all required safety practices at all times
- Complete detailed and accurate as-built, testing, and quality control documentation
- Participate in logistics planning for personnel and equipment
- Perform as a reliable contact for field operations with the customer representatives
Responsibilities may include:
- Applying and analyzing complete M.C. Dean drawing packages.
- Documenting necessary redlines to drawings in the field.
- Assisting engineers with drawing set updates per redlines.
- Utilizing project schedules to develop and update Four Week Look Ahead forecasts.
- Completing SES project documentation per M.C. Dean standards including, but not limited to Change Orders, Requests for Information (RFIs), Detailed Daily Reports, Takeoff Sheets and Daily Time.
- Leading teams on small moderately complex installation projects.
- Conducting and documenting daily tool box talks.
- Installing all head end equipment at both the local and global level per design packages.
- Programming head end equipment for Access Control, Intrusion Detection and CCTV systems.
- Troubleshooting and isolating both systems and/or hardware at both a local and global level.
- Troubleshooting and resolving head end programming issues.
- Developing quality control punch lists (i.e. Daily Lists, Performance Verification Testing and Final Acceptance)
- Assigning support and trouble tickets in IMMS and ensuring issues are resolved.
- Managing small groups of more junior Technicians and/ or Apprentices as needed.
Specific position requirements are as follows:
- Requires a HS diploma or GED
- Requires a Valid driver's license
- 8 years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities on multiple systems and with multiple customer programs
- Vendor certifications in multiple IDS, ACS, and CCTV systems
Formal Electronics Training as follows:
- Military Electronics Training (minimum 720 classroom hours) or
- Graduation from an accredited Electronics Technician program or
- Graduation from an Electrical Apprenticeship program or
- An additional three (3) years of electronics installation and/or maintenance activities
- This position may require ongoing or intermittent use of a company vehicle. Selected candidates must possess an acceptable driving record in accordance to our policy.
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled