Destination DC, the official Convention and Tourism Corporation for the nation's capital, is currently seeking an intern to assist the organization's Convention Services department with a focus on assisting our events team.Duties/responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Events Team:
- Pre-event, on-site and post-event logistics.
- Assist with event close-out including internal tracking, reconciliation and follow-up.
- Update and track logistics documents during entire event planning lifecycle.
- Researching venues for future events in DC and other cities.
- Brainstorm and research future event concepts and trends.
- Create invites in event planning software.
- Provide administrative support for events including assisting with badges and registration.
Experience, competencies, education:
- Knowledgeable in hospitality and/or DC proper.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects at once.
- Ability to lift boxes up to 30 pounds.
- Background in event planning preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills and must be familiar with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Commitment of one semester is required.
- Ideal candidate to start, Monday, Feb 3
- Candidates must be able to commit at least 15-20 hours per week to the position.
- This is an unpaid position. Destination DC will work with intern to complete the paperwork necessary to obtain school credit.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to . Questions may be directed to Dianna Waldroup, Director of Convention Services at 202-789-7036
About Destination DC:
Destination DC, the lead destination marketing organization for the nation's capital, is a private, non-profit membership organization of nearly 1,000 businesses committed to marketing the area as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historic communities.
DESTINATION DC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER