M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
PURPOSE: Exhibits technical insight and understanding in multiple fields and disciplines with an in depth facility in one nationally recognized area. Complexity is state of the art. Type of work is new to MC Dean and may be new to the industry.
- Coordinates electrical engineering work plan and its implementation
- Participates in proposal efforts and budget preparation for proposal work and in preparation of project implementation procedures
- Participates in preparation of project schedule and project interface schedule
- Participates in detailing/clarifying engineering scope and all deliverables in accordance with prime contract
- Implements engineering related prime contract obligations
- Coordinates engineering work package to construction
- Reviews contract scope and deliverables with construction
- Coordinates related activities with other departments e.g. procurement, construction and project controls
- Coordinates with engineering management on complex multi discipline/contractor technical issues
- Releases engineering deliverables to other applicable departments for implementation
- Manages formal studies and technical briefing with customer, contractors, suppliers and other departments/parties
- Reviews technical issues with customer
- Manages changes to reduce impact on cost and schedule
- Captures lessons learned for future reference
- Participates and manages field rework during construction and pre operational phase of the project
- Performs highly complex electrical activities
Education and Experience
- 10 + years of experience with a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, 8+ years of experience with a Master's degree.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.
Preferred but not required:
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM)
- Certified in Power Quality (CPQ)
- Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED)
- Lighting Certified (LC)
- Certified Lighting & Efficiency Professional (CLEP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET)
- Design Build Institute of America (DBIA)