Aurora Flight Sciences is a Tier 1 provider of high value added Aerostructures products to the prime aircraft companies in America's aerospace, defense and civil aviation markets.
The Machinist job will require:
* Fabrication of parts using multiple types of shop equipment.
* Machining capabilities as well as sheet metal and CNC programming experience.
* Tolerances may be required as close as .0005 on occasion.
* Ability to work from drawings, sketches and verbal instruction.
* Capable of working with limited supervision.
* Responsible for machining and fabrication of prototype aircraft parts from multiple types of materials. using different types of shop equipment.
* Responsible for safely operating the shop equipment and maintenance of the equipment when needed.
* 5+ years of experience machining in a prototype shop environment.
* Experience working with all types of materials using all type of shop equipment including CNC.
* MasterCam skills are essential.
* Trade school training is a plus.
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora's innovation is combined with Boeing's size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.