M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence™ in the form of cyber-physical solutions for the nation’s most recognizable mission-critical facilities, large-scale infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 3,000 employees worldwide who engineer and deploy automated, secure and resilient power and technology systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and cyber-physical world.
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs review and analysis of electrical, telecom, security, and fire alarm design drawings to determine implementation requirements and constraints.
- Employs expertise in installation methods and relies on in-depth knowledge of the National Electrical Code (NEC), EIA/TIA and BICSI standards, other applicable standards and best practices to develop infrastructure layout concepts.
- P erforms detailed design of the more complex compon ents of the infrastructure.
- D efines work packages, establishes, monitors, and manages physical design development plan aligned with the construction schedule, supervises the work of the design team developing detailed infrastructure design.
- Leads design coordination with the field project team and other trades participating in the project.
- R elies on expert knowledge of the design software, such as Autodesk Revit, AutoCAD , NavisWorks, and BlueBeam to implement the most effective and efficient design d evelopment pra ctices, develops necessary content.
- Ensures implementation of the design quality processes and procedures, resolves issues, and manages release of design drawings.
Must have the following:
- Extensive knowledge of the NEC and common electrical systems layout and installation methods;
- Advanced proficiency with Autodesk Revit and AutoCAD;
- Advanced proficiency with Autodesk Navisworks, including multi-trade coordination and clash resolution;
- Advanced proficiency with BlueBeam Revu;
- Proficiency with MS Excel.
- Bachelor's degree, or its foreign equivalent, in Electrical Design, Drafting or a related field and 3 years of BIM (building information modeling) design/detailing related experience required.
- Will accept 4 years of hands-on electrical trade related experience, passed an electrical journeyman or master electrician test from any state, and 3 years of BIM design/detailing related experience in lieu of the above stated requirements.
- Exposure to computer screens for an extended period of time
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Reach by extending hands or arms in any direction.
- Have finger dexterity in order to manipulate objects with fingers rather than whole hands or arms, for example, using a keyboard.
- Listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Identify and understand the speech of another person.