ARServices is seeking a Contract and Acquisition Analyst for a government customer requiring
Contracts, Grants, and Acquisition support, in Arlington, VA. The analyst will assist the Contracting
Officer in conducting pre-award and post-ward activities (cradle to grave) support in DoD contracting
arena, including development, preparation, organization, and administration of contracts, grant task
order, delivery orders, agreements and other contractual documents and special projects as required.
Specific tasks and duties include:
- Research problems on a wide variety of contractual issues, provide recommendations and draft appropriate documentation and correspondence for internal and external distribution
- Assist in the development and review process for Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) with the Contracting Officer and technical personnel
- Coordinate, assemble, and update electronic and hard copy contracts and contract related files which may require using contract writing systems such as PRISM and other automated systems to draft contract documents and amendments
- Liaison between the business and technical office to assist in the development and preparation of a variety of acquisition documents to include, but not limited to: Justification and Approvals (J&A) determinations and findings (D&F), Performance Work Statements (PWS), Statements of Work, (SOW), analyze industry and market conditions to determine sources for Market Research Report (MR) and solicitation documents
- Perform fact-finding and analysis in support of source selection but will not vote or otherwise have decision-making authority
- Provide support to the Contracting Officer for Responsibility determinations
- Provide technical assistance to the Contracting Officer prior to and during negotiations, consisting of analysis, data collection, and drafting records of negotiations
- Apply cost and price procedures and techniques to evaluate contract proposals for a variety of contract types to include but not limited to firm fixed price and cost plus type contracts to evaluate contract proposals
- Coordinate post award functions unless delegated to the Administrative Contracting Officer
- Prepare modifications concerning such topics as increases in scope, specification changes, language ambiguities, and/or clarification of contract clauses
- Prepare contract modifications including those for incremental funding, redirection of effort, performance extensions, and incorporation of change orders.
- Coordinate contract closeout with the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) and contract administration office to include outreach and liaison activities with internal technical offices and external entities, review of contract files, compilation and analysis of information, and documentation of contract files.
- Coordinate stop work orders, cure notices, show cause letters, termination of contracts for the convenience of the Government or default by a Contractor.
- Prepare, update and maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to duties
- Prepare and track internal metrics
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, preferably with a major or 24 credit hours in accounting, business, finance, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods or organization and management
- At least 1 year experience in government contracting
- Possess excellent writing skills and ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.