SeniorSenior Small Business Specialist/Team Lead
ARServices, Limited is seeking a Senior Small Business Specialist to support a government customer requiring Contracts, Grants, and Acquisition support, in Arlington, VA. The individual will also function as the onsite manager/supervisor who will serve as liaison with the Contracting Officer Representative(COR) and customer management.
Specific tasks and duties include:
- Assist in the development of Naval Research Enterprise (NRE) Office of Small Business Programs (OSBP) policies, initiatives and objectives that comply with legislative intent for providing opportunities to Small Businesses and other Socio-Economic categories;
- Assist in the interpretation of procurement laws regulations such as the NDAA and the Small Business Act and their effects on Small Business utilization to ensure and impacts to the NRE to help ensure sound acquisition, procurement, business practices;
- Assist in the analysis of legislation, executive orders, and other policy directives in order to aide NRE OSBP in the development of appropriate Command-wide policy, programs, initiatives, and goals to broaden Science and Technology contracting opportunities for Small Businesses;
- Assist with the planning and implementation of initiatives designed to enhance the participation of Small Businesses and Other Socio-Economic Categories in the Commands-wide requirements to the maximum extent practicable as both prime contractors and subcontractors;
- Develop business intelligence tools to aid in tracking Small Business metrics/outcomes across the NRE. The contractor shall assist with the development of policies and procedures to aide in the prevention, mitigation or resolution of Small Business protests and or conflicts;
- Assist with development and upkeep of the Command's Long-Range Acquisition Forecast throughout the fiscal year;
- Assist with the preparation of presentations, participate in Small Business Outreach Events and engage in public advocacy of the NRE Small Business Program.
- Assist in the preparation of correspondence, guidelines, papers, policy and other documents pertaining to the Small Business program;
- Assist with the development of networks, building alliances, and engage in cross- functional activities across the Government and Industry (e.g., Procurement Technical Assistance Centers, etc.;
- Assist with the development and preparation of Small Business materials, messages and communications that are of high quality and comprehensive for both internal and external dissemination;
- Assist with the development of both short and long-ranged planning for organizational and individual Small Business Training
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
- 6+ Years of Prior experience within DoD (i.e. OSD, Joint Staff, Air Force, Army, Navy, Marine Corps)
- Small Business Professional is preferred
- Former DoD Acquisition Corps Member/Acquisition Career Level III (DAWIA Certified) in the field of Contracting with completion of Small Business coursework is desired
- Ability to communicate, clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to working independently and collaboratively
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
ARServices is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.