For Us, It's A Mission
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the world's 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing what's right, not what's easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
Make a Difference
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products, to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Here's how this role will help:
- Lead in the development and execution of strategies and tactics to successfully implement legislative and policy goals pertaining to Mylan's policy and business interests.
- Advocate on behalf of Mylan on issues pertaining to Mylan's policy and business interests before US Congress, federal agencies etc.
- Manage day to day Mylan relationships with AAM and other associations and participation in relevant staff-level work groups in order to advocate for Mylan's desired objectives.
- Develop, maintain and expand relationships and communications with Congressional staff on key committees and in Congressional offices to ensure Mylan is known as a thought and policy leader on issues and policies impacting the generic and biosimilar industry.
- Work with the Head of Federal Government Relations to coordinate assignments and work closely with external consultants, trade associations, coalitions, other parties to execute on business strategic plans.
- Analyze key legislative issues in light of the company's strategic goals and focus on those issues that advance (or could potentially inhibit) the company's competitive business interests.
- Develop documents for internal and external use such as draft legislative language, policy briefs, advocacy materials, fact sheets, issue messages and other materials concisely and quickly to support Mylan's initiatives, and in coordination with Mylan's communications team as appropriate.
- Build knowledge and understanding of policy parameters and political factors influencing Mylan's government relations objectives and ensure ongoing awareness and support for legislative activities with Mylan business leaders.
- Possess a robust understanding of health care delivery in the U.S. and its associated political ecosystem.
- Partner and work in close collaboration with State Government Relations, Office of Global Policy, relevant internal functions on legislative and policy activities to enhance Mylan presence with policymakers.
Make Our Values Your Values
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
Bachelor's degree required. Graduate degree (business, legal, policy etc.) preferred. Minimum 7, preferred 10 or more years' extensive experience in federal government affairs, public or health policy, preferably in healthcare sector in positions of increasing responsibility. Related experience and/or education may be considered.
Industry related, Trade association, lobbying, federal agency, and Capitol Hill experience desirable.
Proven contact network, involvement and success in influencing the development of federal legislation and strong knowledge of the federal legislative and regulatory processes including understanding of Federal healthcare programs (i.e. Medicare/Medicaid, VA, DOD etc.)
Established relationships with policy makers within healthcare community including relevant Congressional committees, key staff, and federal agencies.
Able to effectively interact with policymakers, executives and possess outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills to synthesize complex issues and persuasively articulate specific actions and initiatives.
Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, consensus gathering skills, and be a team player in collaborating, supporting and implementing function, department initiatives.
Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 35,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.