Alcyon Technical Services JV, LLC (ATS) is the prime contractor for the NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC) Systems Engineering Advanced Services (SEAS) contract. ATS is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. ATS provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- The candidate shall provide systems and discipline engineering services as required to provide general study services for the formulation of systems, and identification of scientific objectives, mission requirements and technical concepts. Duties shall include but not limited to:
- Support pre-formulation and formulation phase study inputs for spacecraft, launch vehicles, and instruments;
- Develop mission needs (mission objectives, measurement concept, and instrument concept) and mission design (mission requirements, instrument requirements, architectural design, and operations concept);
- Develop preliminary, relative cost and schedule estimates based on design alternatives, and identify and assess high-risk elements in designs;
- Document the history of design, qualification, flight experience, and modifications where existing components or subsystems are to be utilized;
- Provide subsystem and interface requirements for pre-launch, launch, and flight of flight hardware;
- Prepare interface control documents;
- Provide technical inputs for problem-solving and/or design inputs in selected spacecraft, instruments, ground system, and data disciplines;
- Provide liaison and coordination services between the subsystem and project teams; provide technical inputs for problem-solving and/or design inputs in selected spacecraft, instruments, launch vehicle, ground system, and data disciplines;
- Provide design services that include performance of conceptual and preliminary design of the
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Broad range of skills and in- depth knowledge of spaceflight systems, requirements, design approaches, hardware development options, integration and test practices and operations. Strong leadership, management, and communication skills.
- Desired Skills:
- Basic knowledge of SysML and SysML challenges.
- Knowledge of requirements modeling, use case analysis, and interface design.
- Understanding of systems architecture and analysis as it relates to Systems Engineering.
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts.
- Education: A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience: Ten years of spacecraft design and development experience including at least five years of experience analyzing system requirements, developing functional performance requirements, and allocating those requirements to the system elements.
Greenbelt, Maryland, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.