Position: Aviation Data Analyst
Location: Washington, DC
Job ID: AS20191211-34682
L3Harris is searching for Data Analysts with Aviation and/or Aerospace industry experience to join the L3Harris Critical Networks, FAA-centric Data Comm team to conduct research and analyze data related to the benefits gained by implementing FAA Next Generation automation and communications systems.
- Perform operational analysis and develop concept of operations.
- Analyze Architecture/overall systems design, concept of operations, design, and implementation plans.
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate to internal and external customers.
- Research technical problems and document technical solutions in technical memos.
- Analyze systems requirements from end users and end user systems.
- Perform business end-user requirements management.
- Document system requirements, concept of operations, interfaces, and system behavior using standard tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Aviation or Aerospace Management with 2+ years of related work experience.
- Experience with the FAA national airspace system (NAS), and how it operates.
- Experience with the FAA NextGen initiative.
- Experience of Air Traffic Control Operations/Systems or flight experience.
- Experience interfacing with customer technical representatives presenting technical concepts with engineers and team members.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel for data analysis.
- Ability to support product development, analyze product requirements, develop architecture, allocate requirements to product features, work collaboratively with other Systems Engineers and Software Engineers to define and design product features, generate feature description documentation to guide development of features, provide oversight of and guidance to software engineers performing software design, development, integration, and testing of features, research technical problems and define solutions in tech memos, and perform failure analysis.
- Experience in systems engineering, architecture, analysis and design, performance modeling and/or model based systems engineering.
- Ability to write software macros (e.g., Excel) and use a scripting language (e.g., AutoHotKey).
- Knowledge of/experience with FAA Standards, Specifications, Orders, etc. and Aerospace Industry standards (RTCA, ARINC, etc.).
- Experience working with flight management systems and avionics systems/equipment.
- Knowledge of Air Traffic Control Operations/Systems or flight experience such as FAA certified Instrument Rated Pilot.