The Access Control Staff is responsible securing and patrolling health centers in accordance to Unity Health Care requirement. Monitoring entrancing and exiting of the facilities, monitoring patient/guest/staff safety, maintaining crowd control, preventing disruptions at health centers, securing restricted areas and promoting customer service.
* Inspects entrances and exits, restricted areas, outside building areas and monitoring of parking lots.
* Maintains a smooth flow of traffic into the facilities.
* Opens and closes the health centers daily.
* Observes and reports suspicious behavior or activities in the interior and exterior of the facilities to designated staff/MPD.
* Responsible for assuring the completion of sign in sheets daily.
* Handles problems and refers patient complaints to the appropriate staff in a calm, courteous, and timely manner.
* Diffuses volatile situations quickly in accordance with polices and directs others to the appropriate supervisor.
* Provides special directions and/or information to patients/guest in regards to handicapped seating/access, procedures for lost and found articles, restroom locations and specific health center information.
* Keeps railings, walls, aisles, stairs, and other areas free of congestion.
* Monitors for building adherence (i.e., smoking, food/beverage, cell phone use).
* Checks facilities before, during, and after events for damages and lost articles.
* Monitors the safety and fire compliance of the facilities, and reports hazards to safety to the appropriate person.
* Serves as the safety officer for the respective health center.
* Serves as the initial entry point for patients/guest at the facility, directing the patients/customer to the appropriate area.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Minimum of 2 years of previous security related experience preferred.
* Previous customer service experience in a related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to read and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to interact with employees and the general public in a positive and professional manner.
* Ability to provide instructions to patients/guest in regards to building policies in a professional manner.
* Ability to stand for long periods of time, climb stairs, inspect the facility and handle emergency situations.
* Ability to lift objects.
* Ability to handle stressful situations for guest and personal safety.
* Available to work days, evenings and weekend hours on occasion.