This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
Primary Job of Opening Safes, Drawers, Vaults, Cabinets, Doors and Other Locking Devices needing Service and Repair Work. Has the knowledge of how to accept and open work orders from Customers within the Kuwait ASG-KU AOR. On-Call to respond to any Emergency Missions from Government Agencies in Support of Safes and Locksmith type Jobs. Follows Internal Operating Procedures (IOPs) to ensure all tasks are accomplished safely and with a focus upon quality. Always ready to apply his/her direct Concept and Knowledge of Lock Smithing and Safe Repairs. Addresses Customer concerns in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Uses various types of Tools both Power and Non-Power in the day to day operation. Ensures all data is correctly capture data on maintenance work order requests and preventative maintenance inspection forms for upload into the SAMS-1E Computer Maintenance Management System. Must have a home-country Driver's License, and be able to acquire a U.S. Government Driver's License.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES: Please list by order of priority and, if possible, provide the percentage of time spent on the activity all should equal 100%.
1. Provides Quality Maintenance and Repairs to Various Types of Work accepted and Approved for Services under the Lock Shop at Cp Arifjan Which Supports the entire ASG-KU AOR.
2. Install and repair locks (including mechanical and electronic cipher locks)
3. Ensure all Lock Shop customers are approved by DOL prior to Acceptance of Work Requests.
4. Inserts new or repaired tumblers into Locks so that Combinations can be changed.
5. Provides Training to ASG-KU Customers on How to set their own Combinations.
6. Disassembles mechanical or electrical locking devices, repairs or replaces worn tumblers, springs and other parts using hand tools
7. Repairs and adjust safes, vault doors and vault components using hand tools, lathes, drill presses and also welding with cutting apparatus
8. Removes interior and exterior finishes on safe and vaults and then apply new spray on finishes
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
Saws, Drills, Hole Cutter, Putty, PPE, Various Power Tools and Computer with Other Office Materials
Duties will involve the conduct of work in the outdoors with a potential exposure to extreme climatic conditions including frequent dust storms, and high temperatures - up to 130 degrees in the summer months. Potential exposure to chemical or biological agents could exist. Employee use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in certain areas is required. Such PPE includes but is not limited to head, foot, hand, torso, respiratory, vision and hearing protective devices. Must comply with all Fire, Safety and post policies. Normal workweek is 48 hours, but is in an on-call status at anytime the customer needs support.
Education/Certifications: One year related experience may be substituted for one year of education, if degree is required.
1. Approximately five (5) years experience as a locksmith and 2 years experience as a safe technician.