The Senior Strategic Development Consultant is a key advisor in long-term positioning, targeted campaign development and capture execution for must-win opportunities within the Federal and Defense industry across multiple functional areas with a diverse mix of service offerings. The Senior Strategic Development Consultant manages complex and technical projects applying critical thinking skills to assess competitive landscape, solution design, and problem solving for the successful capture of strategically significant business opportunities.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Leads capture management activities for complex and technical bids which includes discovering client requirements and buying patterns, developing complex technical solution options, and building a cost-competitive solutions focused on the clients' perception of value.
- Leverages business development and functional expertise to identify addressable market opportunities.
- Delivers winning bids by leading complex negotiations with industry partners to build teams and engineer technical solutions in support of large and complex procurements.
- Analyzes market-based competitive intelligence, market assessments, and client assessments necessary for strategic planning efforts to expand opportunity portfolios and pipelines.
- Manages key stakeholder relationships, keeps the business leadership team informed, and advances strategic partnerships with clients and industry partners.
- Manages a cross-functional teams to balance resource priorities to ensure consistent advancement of marketing, solution design, staffing, teaming and pricing elements of the capture plan.
- Serves as the opportunity champion throughout the project lifecycle by developing and presenting business case for pursuit prioritization to internal executive leadership team.
- Serves as the coordinating focal point integrating the overarching design-to-cost development with the technical, management, and corporate experience value proposition.
- Works with the assigned proposal manager by delivering a compelling strategy and solutions reflected in a winning proposal.
- Participates in pursuit decisions, milestone/status reviews, and other gate reviews.
- Ability to work across multiple service areas and industries to determine teaming strategies and represent the company in a high ethical manner.
- Provides executive level briefings on project status and bid recommendations
Required Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience with multi-discipline solution design across multiple market spaces and functional areas
- 5+ years of experience in the direct management of complex solutions, business development, and capture management in the federal contracting market
- 3+ years of operational Program Management experience
- Experience leading the business development life cycle for capture efforts ($80M+) across multiple markets with a proven and favorable win rate preferred
- Experience working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Experience leading matrixed teams in a disciplined best practice framework based on Shipley Associates methodology
- Ability to communicate effectively to capture teams and lead multi-step, interdependent capture activities
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Proven track record of converting business leads into new revenue
- Knowledge of the US government's acquisition process, the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and Small Business Administration policy
- Ability to responsibly coordinate, collaborate, and lead without oversight
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree preferred
- Secret clearance preferred
- Shipley Associates certifications preferred
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.