Duties include or are comparable to the following: based on a knowledge of the supervisor's views, composes correspondence on own initiative about administrative matters and general office policies for supervisor's approval
* Anticipates and prepares materials needed by the supervisor for conferences, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs supervisor on matters to be considered
* Reads publications, regulations, and directives and takes action or refers those that are important to the supervisor and staff
* Prepares special or one-time reports, summaries, or replies to inquiries, selecting relevant information from a variety of sources such as reports, documents, correspondence, other offices, etc., under general directions
* Advises secretaries in subordinate offices on new procedures
* Requests information needed from the subordinate office(s) for periodic or special conferences, reports, inquiries, etc.
* Shifts clerical staff to accommodate workload needs.
* Handles a wide variety of situations and conflicts involving the clerical or administrative functions of the office which often cannot be brought to the attention of the executive. The executive sets the overall objectives of the work.
* May participate in developing the work deadlines.
* Composes correspondence requiring some understanding of technical matters may sign for executive when technical or policy content has been authorized
* Notes commitments made by executive during meetings and arranges for staff implementation.
* On own initiative, arranges for staff member to represent organization at conferences and meetings, establishes appointment priorities, or reschedules or refuses appointments or invitations
* Reads outgoing correspondence for executive's approval and alerts writers to any conflict with the file or departure from policies or executive's viewpoints gives advice to resolve the problems
* Summarizes the content of incoming materials, specially gathered information, or meetings to assist executive
* Coordinates the new information with background office sources
* Draws attention to important parts or conflicts in the executive's absence, ensures that requests for action or information are relayed to the appropriate staff member
* As needed, interprets request and helps implement action
* Makes sure that information is furnished in timely manner
* Decides whether executive should be notified of important or emergency matters.
* Acts as office manager for the executive's organization, e.g., determines when new procedures are needed for changing situations and devises and implements alternatives revises or clarifies procedures to eliminate conflict or duplication
* Identifies and resolves various problems that affect the orderly flow of work in transactions with parties outside the organization.
* Prepares agenda for conferences
* Explains discussion topics to participants
* Drafts introductions and develops background information and prepares outlines for executive or staff member(s) to use in writing speeches.
* Advises' individuals outside the organization on the executive's views on major policies or current issues. Serves as the forward face of the organization
* Receiving and escorting guests, answering telephonic and email inquiries promptly and professionally, and interfacing with DOS management, Executive Directors and high level contractor personnel, high-ranking outside officials (e.g., city or State officials, members of Congress, presidents of national unions or large national or international firms, etc.), in unique situations.
* These contacts may be relatively complex and each contact typically must be handled differently, using judgment and discretion. Produces special projects for office including electronic time and attendance, arranging travel in electronic travel system, and serving as a unit security officer.
* Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, MSWord and PowerPoint.
High School diploma or equivalent required 8-10 years of administrative/receptionist experience required Excellent customer service and multi-tasking skills.
All Native Group is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.