Alpha Source Group is growing FAST and looking for skilled Field Service Engineers and Field Service Technicians. Alpha Source Group delivers service and solutions under three brands — Alpha Source, BC Technical and Medical Optics. We are the leading nationally scaled contract services organization specializing in imaging, biomedical and surgical repair and maintenance solutions. Our unique 3F model (Fast, Flexible and Friendly) is how we deliver exceptional service to both our customers and employees. As a brand-neutral partner, we work with OEMs, ISOs, and Asset Managers, Hospital Systems, and other service providers. We are trained in over 100 different imaging equipment models across all major OEMs.
The truth of the matter is we want to employ the most talented and motivated individuals to build our team and it starts with you!
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) will be responsible for meeting the daily service maintenance and repair needs of the customer’s equipment. Establish and maintain proper business relationships with customers and peers as well as performing necessary administrative duties as required and other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The FSE performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
• Basic troubleshooting, installation, maintenance and repair on designated equipment.
• Completing Preventative Maintenance and field modifications.
• Ordering and managing repair parts cycle times.
• Keeping up to date on administrative responsibilities such as maintaining customer service logs and internal service records in a timely manner.
• Maintaining daily communications with customers to ensure resolution and proper follow-up.
• Maintaining tools and test equipment and ensuring they are properly calibrated.
• Meeting Health and Human Services, Environmental Health and Safety and/or all other applicable regulatory requirements.
• Utilizing the escalation process to resolve customer service delivery issues.
• Identifying and participating in sales opportunities such as new contracts, contract renewals and system sales.
• Working as a member of the local team to provide efficient service delivery to all accounts within assigned area.
• The ability to lift and carry a toolbox that can weigh up to 50 lbs.
• Adhering to current regulatory requirements to include, but not limited to, HIPPA, OSHA and FDA.
Qualifications & Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements necessary to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities, would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
• Bachelor’s degree, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, equivalent military experience or Associates Degree, preferred.
• Must have 5 or more years' experience servicing MR and CT equipment. GE experience ideal!
• Experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as part of a solution based service process.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record is required.
• Five years’ work experience in the medical imaging industry preferred.
• Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment.
• Experience troubleshooting and responding to customer concerns.
• Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
• Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
• Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
• Strong time management skills.
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
• Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities. Able to work productively in a pressurized environment.
• Ethical and trustworthy.
• Working in the area of low levels of radioactive isotopes.
• Extended periods of computer usage.
• Periodic overnight travel.
• Relocation assistance may be available.