Purpose: Conducting an examination of a person’s character or conduct over time, resulting in a favorable or unfavorable determination of their employment suitability, eligibility for access to classified information and materials.
- Screen, review, and evaluate completed “issue” and “non-issue” OPM conducted Background Investigation
- Identify and analyze derogatory and mitigating information for suitability (5CFR 731 E.O. 10450) and for national security (E.O. 12968)
- Request support documentation from applicant related to financial, criminal, or other matters, as required
- Prepare detailed adjudicative analytical summaries recommending further courses of action for processing with supporting rationale
- Manage and prepare for government signature requests for additional information and Suitability Letters and Letters of Advisement (LOA’s)
- Manage caseload with appropriate follow-up based on government timelines
- Review appeals and reconsideration requests and prepare a summary of recommended findings
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and related experience in personnel security.
- Five (5) years of experience adjudicating suitability and security background investigations.
- Successful completion of an accredited Basic and Advanced Suitability Adjudication Course. The DOD course is sufficient for the online Basic Adjudicator training; however, the Advance Suitability Adjudication Course is the responsibility of the contractor. PSC will only provide the contractor training on PSC adjudication processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and knowledge of processing e-QIP.
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Statement:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Our company takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Our company maintains a drug-free workplace. All offers of employment will be contingent on applicant passing a pre-employment drug screen.