USDA is implementing CDM Phases 1, 2 and 3. Prior, during and post solution implementation, USDA enterprise-wide CDM customers may have unique requirements which have not been met or will not be met in the future by the CDM program. As a Communications Specialist, you will support a diverse range of functional areas including internal communications, public communications, and media relations for the CDM program. You may also create metrics to measure the effectiveness of communications and advise senior leaders. You will be a member of a team and operate with independence and autonomy in drafting communications, meeting with customers, writing articles and other communications products. Additionally you may be interacting with the USDA workforce, DHS Cybersecurity Community, and Agency stakeholders.
The USDA CDM program is part of the Office of Chief Information Office (OCIO), which provides governance and oversight to the business of intelligence effort across the USDA IT Optimization efforts.
- Research, develop and outline a communication strategy and framework
- Develops and distributes communications targeted at USDA workforce and stakeholders that support recruitment, engagement efforts and agency initiatives including mission objectives, technology improvements, growth objectives, and program/product/service launches.
- May develop or contribute to emails, flyers, newsletters, annual reports, memos, presentations, training materials, digital assets and other collateral.
- Works with agency stakeholders and/or subject matter experts (SMEs) to review, copyedit and occasionally develop new content.
- May require some marketing design experience for branding and graphic design services.
- Provide portal content for communications messages for internal and external communications
- Create metrics to measure the effectiveness of communications and advise senior leaders
- Work with team members, senior leadership and stakeholders to craft a communication plan for dissemination information.
- Leads the development of actionable communications plans for large-scale projects and programs that include objectives, target audience definitions, strategies, tactical plans, key messages, budgets and measurement targets.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields, or related studies:
- Public Relations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to research and draft original content for a variety of channels and audiences
- Have practical understanding of digital tools including SharePoint and content management systems
- Advise on, analyze, and support the implementation of feedback mechanisms (quantitative and qualitative) to measure effectiveness of communication
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise, accurate text and to proofread and correct English usage, spelling and punctuation
- Ability to organize events that advance communication objectives; may include a range of tasks related to logistics and content
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.