The Senior Splunk Delivery Engineers at CDWG team with otherEngineers on highly visible, technically challenging projects and offerings. This engineer will be responsible fordesigning, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting customer specific SecurityInformation & Events Management (SIEM) environments. The position isFederally focused and the engineer will need to operate within a Department ofDefense/Classified environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Expertise developing security-focused content for Splunk, including creation of complex threat detection logic and operational dashboards.
- Regularly interface with technical and business staff of customers, including the project sponsor and stakeholders of projects in more complex engagements.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements.
- Manage time and expense to meet or exceed expectations defined in the Statement of Work.
- Provide high quality content deliverables using the appropriate document templates.
- Ensure solution is implemented as designed to the customer's satisfaction and approval.
- Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
- Conduct throughput analysis, problem solving, and infrastructure planning.
- Participate in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade SEIM environments.
- Assist in the management of projects using CDWG's project management methodology.
- Work with Professional Services Managers, OEMs, Project Managers and customers to manage expectations and timelines to ensure expectations and commitments are being met.
- Educates the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
The information in this position description is intended toconvey information about the key responsibilities and requirements of theposition. It is not an exhaustive listof the skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associatedwith the opportunity. Responsibilitiesare subject to change.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent years of military service
- 7 years of delivering complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation and support including Failover techniques, recovery/rollback and application partitioning
- 7 years of Federal and/or DoD experience
- 5 years of current experience in technical consulting or big data analytics
- 5 years of Cyber Security experience (security analytics, SOC experience)
- 3 years Splunk engineering experience
- DoD 8570 level II IAT Certification
- DoD/OPM Secret Clearance (S)
- Splunk Certified Admin, Splunk Certified Architect, Splunk Certified Consultant
- Proficiency with Splunk App/TA configuration
- Management/deployment experience with large scale/distributed Splunk environments
- Proficiency developing log ingestion and aggregation strategies
- Familiarity with key security events on common IT platforms
- Deep proficiency in client and server operating systems including Windows, Mac, and Linux
- General networking and security troubleshooting (firewalls, routing, NAT, etc.)
- Scripting and development skills (BASH, Perl, Python or Java) with strong knowledge of regular expressions
- Experience with implementing Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Secure Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIGs) within a Department of Defense environment.
- Experience with remediating identified Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) within DoD systems
- Willing to travel (50%)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to details.
- Abilities to work independently and to manage time effectively.
- Effective communication skills with an appreciation for the appropriate ways to interact with managers, coworkers, customers and vendors.
- Common Information Model (CIM) validation
- Universal/Heavy Forwarder configuration experience (Including encryption and compression setting
- Deep experience with Splunk Enterprise Security
CUSTOMER FOCUS AND QUALITY MANAGEMENTRESPONSIBILITIES:
Each CDW coworker isresponsible for maintaining customer focus and conforms to the CDW qualitymanagement system. Specificresponsibilities include: