Alutiiq Advanced Security Solutions, LLC is currently recruiting Armed Security Officers for the ATF Headquarters, Washington, DC. Selected applicants will be responsible for manning entry/access control points, performing escort duties, serving as over-watch officers, conducting vehicle inspections, and performing roving patrols to ensure the overall security for the customer.
Applicants must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Possess any combination of two (2) years of experience in either physical security (as a security officer - armed or unarmed) and/or service with the United State Armed Services.
- Associate's Degree in Security or Law Enforcement related field
- Two (2) years of service with a branch of the United States Armed Services
- Be a High School graduate or possess a GED
- Possess any/all required State Security Guard licenses/permits
- Meet/maintain contract grooming standards
- Meet and maintain medical and physical fitness standards
- Pass a background/security investigation
- Pass a pre-employment medical and drug testing and remain drug free during period of employment.
- Be available to work rotating shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
- Be proficient with the English language
- Possess excellent communication skills and knowledge in security operations
- Cannot possess a Federal Firearms License
- Possess or be eligible to obtain an active SECRET Security Clearance
- Meet and maintain Government approval
- Current range certification with a Glock 17 (9MM) semi-automatic pistol and 12 gauge shotgun
- Be certified as an armed security officer by one of the following:
- Washington DC Special Police License
- Possess or obtain a Washington DC special Police license through the DC metro policy Security officer's management Branch.
- Be a resident who is current, or Honorably Discharged member of the U.S. Armed Services
This is a great opportunity for retired Military or Civilian Police.
- Previous experience in armed security or law enforcement required.
- Please note, that pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. Citizenship status.
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.