In providing Hardware Exploitation Engineer (mid-level) support, the Contractor
shall provide some or all of services as required:
Conduct technical exploitation and examination of High Priority Digital
Media to include:
Conduct reverse engineering, failure analysis, and vulnerability analysis of
hardware to identify exploitation opportunities
- Modify hardware to either enable forensic analysis of the media or to
change the functionality of the hardware for other purposes
- Perform inspection, imaging, decapsulation, deprocessing, and other
activities related to hardware reverse engineering and exploitation in a state-of-theart
microelectronics exploitation laboratory
- Development and maintain frameworks, processes, design patterns,
techniques, tools, and standards for conducting hardware exploitation of digital
- Keep abreast of and report on scientific, engineering, and operational
advances in hardware exploitation
- Serve as a subject matter expert for NMEC, its partners, and its customers.
- Full-Scope forensic examinations from the hardware aspect of media
- Given a target communications device, use reverse engineering tools and
methods to determine vulnerabilities of the device for technical exploitation
- Determine how it boots/initializes, and obtaining a binary that can be used
for reverse engineering.
- Identify the function that respond to network connections requests,
understand internal communications mechanisms, outlining the general structure of
the system software, and determining how system state is altered/saved.
- Prepare technical reports, present results, and demonstrate system
capabilities to peer review groups, managers, and sponsors
- Lead teams and participate in the analysis of embedded platform
firmware and operating systems to understand security vulnerabilities associated
with various platform communication links.
- Develop and execute test plans to ensure all requirements of developed
capabilities are fully satisfied
- Using knowledge gained through the application of reverse-engineering
and other research techniques, field low-level C and assembly applications for
embedded ARM platforms that interface directly with platform hardware.
- Provide data recovery processes for hard drives, thumb drives, and other
kind media with storage capacity.