Senior Advisor (Oman)
Role and Responsibilities
The Contractor and Senior Advisor shall closely track progress against the aforementioned Work Plan and Country Action Plan, both of which are to be captured in the monthly progress reports. The GDRP Program Office (specifically the M&E Advisor) is responsible for providing guidance on the development and maintenance of the Performance Monitoring Framework; however, the Senior Advisor shall be required to work with the GDRP Program Office to determine the specific objectives, as well as the frequency of data collection and definition for each indicator in the corresponding framework. The Senior Advisor shall begin data collection for all M&E indicators, as provided by GDRP Program Office, following award of the contract. Data collection shall be conducted on a regular and continuing basis from the time that each Performance Monitoring Framework is approved until the task order is completed
The Senior Advisor shall act as the trusted advisor for Oman's national level interagency authority. In this role, the Senior Advisor shall provide technical assistance and expert guidance and advise the interagency authority to execute the Country Action Plan and ensure a foundation is set for improved interagency coordination in two or more areas (e.g. crisis response, national command center operations, aviation security oversight) to achieve national objectives
- Within sixty (60) days after arrival in Oman, the Senior Advisor shall have:
- Achieved an initial understanding of national level interagency authority planning and decision-making processes with regards to interagency aviation security oversight, crisis response, and the operations of national command centers including at a minimum: review of current decision-making processes and identification of key stakeholders who influence the interagency decision making process.
- Identified associated gaps in the interagency process.
- Framed the problem set sufficiently such that the Senior Advisor can make relevant recommendations for future actions by the partner country and the Senior Advisor can identify areas in which to focus their expertise and efforts during their period of performance.
- Produced an Initial Landscape Assessment and Gap Analysis, as outlined in Section 8, 'Deliverables'. The Initial Landscape Assessment and Gap Analysis shall be completed in direct coordination with the ODC and national level interagency authority.
- Within thirty (30) days after the Initial Landscape Assessment has been completed, the Senior Advisor shall work with the national level interagency authority to develop a Country Action Plan.
- To complete the Country Action Plan, the Senior Advisor shall launch a process with identified stakeholders to facilitate development of the Plan that outlines reform objectives, and breaks down the steps required to achieve those objectives. The Country Action Plan will be the first step in generating a shared vision for actions that will be taken by the national level interagency authority to address their goals and gaps, including specific types of advisory support services that may be required.
- Within fifteen (15) days after the Country Action Plan has been completed, the Senior Advisor shall develop a Work Plan that outlines Country Action Plan objectives, milestones, and corresponding activities that the Senior Advisor shall undertake until the end of the performance period. The Work Plan shall also list the required tasks over the thirty (30) days.
- DHS/FEMA disaster response/operations center experience.
- Must have experience in being a Regional Coordinator and/or have NIMS (National Incident Management System) experience.
- If a former military service member, rank of O5 or above.
- Six (6) years of experience with interagency coordination.
- Ability to pass pre-deployment medical and dental screenings (CRC/NDC
- "SECRET personnel security clearance issued by the Defense Security Service (DSS) "
- Computer knowledge and use: Word, Outlook, general keyboard/typing skills
- Tourist Passport required to deploy
- Competency in spoken Arabic (Modern Standard or Levantine).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Prior demonstrated experience advising foreign military or government at the operational or strategic level.
- Two years prior experience working or living abroad, preferably in the region.
- Prior demonstrated experience working with a national command center.
- Prior demonstrated experience working in national security either as a uniformed service member, government employee, or contractor.
- Four (4) years of experience at or above the level of GS-13, O-4, or private sector equivalent.