Synchron is seeking a Junior or Mid-Level Marine Engineer / Naval Architect for the Support Ships, Boats and Craft Program Office (PMS 325) at NAVSEA in Washington DC. This position will be co-located with a design team and responsible for design development of a specific system such as machinery, propulsion, hull or mission systems. Tasks include:
- Developing ship specification requirements
- Designing ship systems
- Reviewing early stage shipbuilding design products. Will be co-located with a design team and responsible for design development of a specific system such as machinery, propulsion, hull or mission systems.
- 0 – 10 years’ experience focused on ship systems and machinery
- BS in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Experience in Preliminary and Contract design phases preferred
- Experience with Military Sealift Command, cable-laying ship, PMS325, T-ship acquisition a plus
It is the policy of Synchron, LLC to provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other applicable federal or state-protected classification.