The Budget Analyst, Junior, supports all three phases of the federal budget cycle: formulation, presentation, and execution.
- Supports the formulation of the Department's annual budget request through the development of narrative justifications linking budgets to levels of program effort. Performs work in support of the presentation of the budgets for the assigned program areas.
- Supports the formulation and revisions to the annual budget estimate for substantive programs and administrative support activities (e.g. personnel management, information systems management, travel services, transportation, and procurement). Researches, compiles, and summarizes data concerning personnel salaries and benefits, and expenses information needed for the formulation of budget estimates. Selects and enters budgetary information in agency IT applications.
- Checks for accuracy and adequacy of budget justification data submitted in support of budget estimates or requests for allotments by comparison with source documents.
- Contributes to the drafting of responses and provides information, explanations, and clarifications that respond to Department, OMB, and Congressional questions and inquires. Provides factual and concise information for use in defending the budget submission and budget request. Contributes to the development of briefing materials for the budget submission, including Congressional hearings, testimonies, and staff briefings.
- Monitors and tracks obligations and expenditures for assigned program and support functions throughout the execution phase of the annual budget. Verifies that obligations and expenditures occur on a timely basis in accordance within the approved budget.
- Contributes in the drafting of budgetary guidance to bureaus concerning submission of budget requests with current services estimate and program justifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration of similar field.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to function and operate independently or as part of a project group or team is essential.
- Previous experience supporting Department of State (DoS) desired
- Previous experience working with senior level staff with DoS or similar upper level DoD or Service HQ Staff Support Operations a plus.
- Active DoD clearance; possess and maintain a SECRET security clearance.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies offer a rewarding career experience. In addition to dynamic career opportunities, we provide competitive salaries, excellent benefits, retirement funding, as well as ongoing training and professional development.
We are committed to providing the best possible climate for maximum development and goal achievement for all our employees. As subsidiaries of a Native-owned corporation with offices around the world, ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are proud to promote an inclusive and diverse workplace and respect the cultural traditions in the communities where we operate.
The ALL NATIVE GROUP companies are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are considered without regard to age, sex, race, national origin, religion, marital status or physical disability. However, preference may be extended to persons of Indian descent in accordance with applicable laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Drug Free Employer SBA 8(a), SDB Certified, HubZone, Buy Indian Certified Native American Tribally-owned company