Medical Data Analyst
The Medical Data Analysts shall provide health care support at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital (FBCH), Fort Belvoir, VA. The candidate will work in conjunction with other health care providers, professionals, and non-contract personnel. This position is contingent upon award.
Qualifications: The candidate must meet or exceed the following qualification criteria:
- An undergraduate degree in a technical field such as business, management information systems, data analytics
- Experience in business data analysis and process improvement projects
- Experience in clinical data analysis
- Exceptional skills in customer service
- Exceptional skills in oral, visual, and written communications
- Exceptional skills in time management
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL), Microsoft SQL Server, and Microsoft Access.
- Proficiency in Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Power Pivot
Specific Duties/Tasks The Candidate Shall Perform: The Medical Data Analyst will provide the following services to include but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Coordinates and provides consultation on multiple projects, studies, and systems analyses associated with health care programs and systems.
- Conducts both quantitative and qualitative analyses in support of clinical and business workflow processes and recommends the planning for corrective courses of actions.
- Communicates with clinics to diagnose business problems, develops and presents appropriate sets of tools and applications as a solution, and provides training to clients.
- Supports the Chief and Deputy of Clinical Systems Support Department in terms of technical and administrative task requirements on a daily basis with strict adherence to suspense dates, information accuracy, and professional quality of work.
- Utilizes Composite Health Care System (CHCS), M2 and other data sources to gather clinical operational data and prepare it for review by the Chief and Deputy as requested.
- Creates and maintains various databases in order to store operational data and update various tools, reports, and dashboards on a continual basis.
- Uses SQL and other data query tools to proficiently query, transform, and extract required information in order to prepare reports and presentations with both quantitative and qualitative analyses as well as recommendations.
- Implements VBA programming with clear and organized code documentation as well as comments to automate processes that support departmental mission of work and increase business efficiency.
- Presents information derived from data and process analyses to various clients with proficiency in oral, visual, and written communications.
- Completes all assigned actions and tasks within suspense period.
- Reports to the department Chief, Deputy, and appropriate team leads of work progress, task status, and key findings on a daily basis.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and visitors to the office.
- Maintains and submits records of payroll timecards and Defense Medical Human Resources System-internet (DMHRSi) in a timely and accurate manner.
Fort Belvoir, Virginia, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.